The No. 11 Villanova Wildcats (13-5, 6-2 Big East) are heavy favorites (-14) as they attempt to extend a three-game road winning streak when they take on the Georgetown Hoyas (6-9, 0-4 Big East) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Capital One Arena. The contest airs at 12:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 139.5 for the matchup.
Villanova vs. Georgetown Predictions
Villanova vs. Georgetown Betting Odds
Villanova vs. Georgetown Last 10 Games
- Villanova is 7-3 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Villanova and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Wildcats games averaged 3.4 fewer points (136.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Wildcats have a points-per-game average 5.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Georgetown covered the spread eight times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Georgetown games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The past 10 Hoyas games averaged 9.2 more points (148.7) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Hoyas have a 76.1 points-per-game average, 1.9 points above their season-long scoring average.
Villanova vs. Georgetown Betting Trends
- Villanova is 12-5-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 14-point favorites or more, the Wildcats have an ATS record of 4-2.
- This season, Villanova’s games have hit the over seven times out of 17 chances.
- The 72.1 points per game the Wildcats put up are the same as the Hoyas give up.
- Villanova is 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall when scoring more than 75.9 points.
- Georgetown has covered the spread 11 times over 15 games with a set spread.
- This season, Georgetown’s games have hit the over eight times.
- The Hoyas’ 74.2 points per game are 14 more points than the 60.2 the Wildcats allow.
- Georgetown has put together a 6-6 ATS record and a 6-6 overall record in games it scores more than 60.2 points.
Villanova vs. Georgetown Over/Under Trends
- This season, Villanova games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 139.5-point over/under five times.
- There have been 11 Georgetown games that have finished with a combined score over 139.5 points this season.
- The total for the game of 139.5 is 6.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Wildcats (72.1 points per game) and the Hoyas (74.2 points per game).
- The 136.1 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 3.4 fewer than the 139.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Wildcats have seen a 137.1 average over/under in their games this season, 2.4 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.9 points separates the average total points bet in Hoyas’ games (145.4 points) and this game’s over/under (139.5 points).
Villanova Team Leaders
- Collin Gillespie: 16.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.2 FG%, 40 3PT% (56-for-140)
- Justin Moore: 15.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.5 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (41-for-103)
- Jermaine Samuels: 10.2 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 25.5 3PT% (13-for-51)
- Eric Dixon: 9.3 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 53.3 3PT% (8-for-15)
- Brandon Slater: 8.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.4 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (17-for-54)
Georgetown Team Leaders
- Aminu Mohammed: 13.7 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.5 STL, 40.1 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
- Dante Harris: 10.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 37.6 FG%, 25.6 3PT% (11-for-43)
- Don Carey: 11.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.4 FG%, 48.4 3PT% (31-for-64)
- Kaiden Rice: 12.9 PTS, 38.9 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (56-for-137)
- Ryan Mutombo: 4.9 PTS, 48.4 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.