The Maine Black Bears (3-12, 0-4 America East) will try to stop a six-game losing streak when they host the UMBC Retrievers (6-10, 1-4 America East) at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022 as 6.5-point underdogs. The Retrievers have lost three games in a row. The matchup’s point total is set at 134.5.
UMBC vs. Maine Predictions
UMBC vs. Maine Betting Odds
UMBC vs. Maine Last 10 Games
- UMBC has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- UMBC’s past 10 contests saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Retrievers games averaged 142.9 total points, 8.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Retrievers’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 1.4 points lower than their season-long average.
- Maine covered the spread nine times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 0-10 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Maine games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The past 10 Black Bears games averaged 6.2 fewer points (128.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Black Bears have scored 5.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 60.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
UMBC vs. Maine Betting Trends
- UMBC is 9-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Retrievers have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- This season, seven of UMBC’s games have gone over the point total out of 14 chances.
- The 71.7 points per game the Retrievers put up are just 3.4 more points than the Black Bears allow (68.3).
- UMBC has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall when scoring more than 68.3 points.
- Maine has gone 9-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Black Bears are a perfect 7-0 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Maine’s games have gone over the total five times out of 10 chances this year.
- The Black Bears put up an average of 60.6 points per game, 11.0 fewer points than the 71.6 the Retrievers give up to opponents.
UMBC vs. Maine Over/Under Trends
- This season, UMBC games have hit the over on this matchup’s 134.5-point over/under nine times.
- Four of Maine’s games ended with a combined score higher than 134.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 132.3 points per game, 2.2 points fewer than the total of 134.5 for this matchup.
- The 139.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 5.4 more than the 134.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Retrievers games is 143.1 points, 8.6 more than the over/under of 134.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 6.2 points separates this game’s over/under (134.5 points) and the average total points bet in Black Bears’ games (128.3 points) this season.
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 13.2 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (23-for-69)
- L.J. Owens: 9.9 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 45.9 3PT% (34-for-74)
- Darnell Rogers: 10.7 PTS, 35.2 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (25-for-83)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.3 PTS, 53.6 FG%
- Jacob Boonyasith: 5.9 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (22-for-68)
Maine Team Leaders
- Vukasin Masic: 8.1 PTS, 40.6 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (18-for-52)
- Sam Ihekwoaba: 6.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 54.7 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (5-for-18)
- LeChaun DuHart: 8.8 PTS, 29.7 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (22-for-79)
- Adefolarin Adetogun: 4.1 PTS, 28.8 FG%, 11.1 3PT% (2-for-18)
- Ja’Shonte Wright-McLeish: 5.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (10-for-35)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.