The No. 24 Tennessee Volunteers (12-5, 3-3 SEC) are 5-point favorites as they try to extend a five-game home winning streak when they square off against the No. 13 LSU Tigers (15-3, 3-3 SEC) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Thompson-Boling Arena. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is 130.5.
Tennessee vs. LSU Predictions
Tennessee vs. LSU Betting Odds
Tennessee vs. LSU Last 10 Games
- Tennessee covered the spread eight times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Tennessee games has surpassed the set total three times.
- The Volunteers’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 139.3 points scored. That’s 8.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Volunteers’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 3.6 points lower than their season-long average.
- LSU covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to hit the over twice in those games.
- The past 10 Tigers games averaged 12.5 more points (143) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Tigers have scored 3.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 74.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Tennessee vs. LSU Betting Trends
- Tennessee has covered the spread 13 times this season (13-4-0).
- The Volunteers are 7-3 ATS when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- Tennessee’s games have gone over the total seven times this season.
- The 75.1 points per game the Volunteers record are 17.4 more points than the Tigers allow (57.7).
- When Tennessee totals more than 57.7 points, it is 10-5 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- LSU has compiled a 14-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- This year, three of LSU’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Tigers put up 11.2 more points per game (74.6) than the Volunteers allow their opponents to score (63.4).
- LSU has put together a 14-2 ATS record and a 15-1 overall record in games it scores more than 63.4 points.
Tennessee vs. LSU Over/Under Trends
- Tennessee and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (130.5 points) nine times this season.
- A total of 11 of LSU’s games ended with a combined score higher than 130.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 149.7 points per game, 19.2 points more than the over/under of 130.5 for this contest.
- The 121.1 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 9.4 fewer than the 130.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Volunteers games is 140.5 points, 10 more than the over/under of 130.5 points for this contest.
- Tigers’ games have a total points bet of 144.2 points this season, 13.7 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Tennessee Team Leaders
- Santiago Vescovi: 14 PTS, 2 STL, 42.9 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (49-for-130)
- Kennedy Chandler: 13.6 PTS, 2.4 STL, 45.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (20-for-60)
- Olivier Nkamhoua: 8.9 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 51.7 FG%, 44 3PT% (11-for-25)
- John Fulkerson: 7.4 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 51.1 FG%
- Josiah-Jordan James: 5.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 32 FG%, 26 3PT% (19-for-73)
LSU Team Leaders
- Tari Eason: 15.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 1.2 BLK, 54.1 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (12-for-38)
- Darius Days: 13.5 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.5 STL, 42.9 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (39-for-113)
- Eric Gaines: 9.2 PTS, 2.1 STL, 36.4 FG%, 23.4 3PT% (11-for-47)
- Xavier Pinson: 10.2 PTS, 1.9 STL, 42.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (20-for-60)
- Efton Reid: 7.7 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 51.6 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (5-for-11)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.