The Idaho State Bengals (3-13, 1-6 Big Sky) are heavy underdogs (+16) as they look to break a nine-game road slide when they square off against the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (10-5, 4-1 Big Sky) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at America First Event Center. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 135.5 points.
Southern Utah vs. Idaho State Predictions
Southern Utah vs. Idaho State Betting Odds
|Southern Utah||-16||135.5 points|
Southern Utah vs. Idaho State Last 10 Games
- Southern Utah has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Southern Utah games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The last 10 Thunderbirds games averaged 147.7 total points, 12.2 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Thunderbirds have a points-per-game average 1.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Idaho State is 1-9 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the past 10 Idaho State games have exceeded the set total five times.
- The past 10 Bengals games averaged six fewer points (129.5) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Bengals are scoring 56.1 points per game compared to their 60.9 season average.
Southern Utah vs. Idaho State Betting Trends
- Southern Utah is 6-7-0 against the spread this season.
- Games involving Southern Utah have hit the over eight times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Thunderbirds average 8.2 more points per game (78.9) than the Bengals allow (70.7).
- When Southern Utah puts up more than 70.7 points, it is 4-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- Idaho State has put together a record of 11-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Bengals have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 16-point underdogs.
- This season, seven of Idaho State’s games have gone over the point total out of 14 chances.
- The Bengals’ 60.9 points per game are 11.9 fewer points than the 72.8 the Thunderbirds give up to opponents.
Southern Utah vs. Idaho State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 10 of Southern Utah’s 13 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- This season, five of Idaho State’s games have ended with a score higher than 135.5 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 135.5 is 4.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Thunderbirds (78.9 points per game) and the Bengals (60.9 points per game).
- The 143.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are eight more than the 135.5 total in this contest.
- The Thunderbirds have seen a 146.9 average over/under in their games this season, 11.4 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Bengals games have an over/under of 130.9 points this season, 4.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Southern Utah Team Leaders
- John Knight III: 14.9 PTS, 1.8 STL, 57.5 FG%
- Maizen Fausett: 12.9 PTS, 8.7 REB, 47.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (20-for-60)
- Tevian Jones: 13.8 PTS, 35.6 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (29-for-105)
- Dre Marin: 11.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (26-for-74)
- Harrison Butler: 7.5 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 28.1 3PT% (9-for-32)
Idaho State Team Leaders
- Tarik Cool: 10.9 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (15-for-55)
- Austin Smellie: 7.6 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (14-for-41)
- Brayden Parker: 7.7 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (8-for-29)
- Malik Porter: 6.3 PTS, 51.9 FG%
- Robert Ford III: 10.9 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (19-for-47)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.