The South Carolina Upstate Spartans (7-10, 4-1 Big South) are favored (-9.5) to extend a four-game winning streak when they host the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (4-13, 1-4 Big South) at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at G.B. Hodge Center. The over/under is set at 147.5 for the matchup.
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Predictions
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Betting Odds
|South Carolina Upstate||-9.5||147.5 points|
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Last 10 Games
- South Carolina Upstate is 4-6 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 South Carolina Upstate games has gone over the set total six times.
- The last 10 Spartans games averaged 138.4 total points, 9.1 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the past 10 games, the Spartans are scoring 1.1 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Charleston Southern is 2-8 overall and 10-0-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Charleston Southern and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Buccaneers games averaged 3.3 fewer points (144.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Buccaneers have a 66.4 points-per-game average, 3.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Betting Trends
- South Carolina Upstate has covered the spread 11 times in 15 games with a set spread.
- South Carolina Upstate’s games have gone over the total nine times out of 15 chances this season.
- The Spartans record 8.7 fewer points per game (69.9) than the Buccaneers allow (78.6).
- South Carolina Upstate is 1-0-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall when scoring more than 78.6 points.
- Charleston Southern has covered the spread 17 times this season (17-0-0).
- The Buccaneers have a perfect 9-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Charleston Southern have hit the over nine times this season.
- The Buccaneers’ 69.6 points per game are only 1.8 fewer points than the 71.4 the Spartans allow.
- Charleston Southern has put together a 1-1 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record in games it scores more than 71.4 points.
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Over/Under Trends
- Eight South Carolina Upstate games this season have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 147.5 points.
- Eight of Charleston Southern’s games finished with a combined score higher than 147.5 points this season.
- The total for the game of 147.5 is eight points more than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (69.9 points per game) and the Buccaneers (69.6 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 2.5 fewer points than the 150 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Spartans games is 139.5 points, eight fewer than the over/under of 147.5 points for this contest.
- Buccaneers games have an over/under of 142.1 points this season, 5.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
South Carolina Upstate Team Leaders
- Bryson Mozone: 14.5 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (38-for-102)
- Jordan Gainey: 12.2 PTS, 49 FG%, 50.7 3PT% (38-for-75)
- Dalvin White: 7.4 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (24-for-56)
- Josh Aldrich: 5 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (8-for-22)
- Mysta Goodloe: 6.6 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (12-for-33)
Charleston Southern Team Leaders
- Tahlik Chavez: 10.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 36.7 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (47-for-132)
- Claudell Harris Jr.: 9.8 PTS, 36.6 FG%, 27.4 3PT% (20-for-73)
- Deontaye Buskey: 8.3 PTS, 30 FG%, 23.2 3PT% (23-for-99)
- Cheikh Faye: 7.7 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 27 3PT% (20-for-74)
- Taje’ Kelly: 8.6 PTS, 58.8 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.