The Rice Owls (11-6, 4-2 C-USA) are 4-point favorites as they look to extend a five-game home win streak when they host the Charlotte 49ers (9-7, 2-2 C-USA) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Tudor Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 3:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 148.5.
Rice vs. Charlotte Predictions
Rice vs. Charlotte Betting Odds
Rice vs. Charlotte Last 10 Games
- Rice has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Rice games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The past 10 Owls games averaged 2.8 fewer points (145.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Owls are scoring 3.3 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Charlotte is 5-5 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Charlotte games have gone over the set total six times.
- The last 10 49ers games averaged 136.5 total points, 12 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the 49ers have a 69.4 points-per-game average, 0.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
Rice vs. Charlotte Betting Trends
- Rice has compiled a 10-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Owls are 4-4 ATS when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- Rice games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times this season.
- The Owls record 5.1 more points per game (77.2) than the 49ers give up (72.1).
- Rice has a 7-4 record against the spread and a 10-2 record overall when putting up more than 72.1 points.
- Charlotte has put together a 13-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- The 49ers are 7-0 ATS when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- Charlotte’s games have gone over the total 11 times out of 17 chances this year.
- The 49ers put up just 3.9 fewer points per game (70.2) than the Owls allow their opponents to score (74.1).
- When it scores more than 74.1 points, Charlotte is 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
Rice vs. Charlotte Over/Under Trends
- Rice and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (148.5 points) nine times this season.
- In Charlotte’s 17 games this season, seven have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 148.5.
- The over/under for the matchup of 148.5 is 1.1 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Owls (77.2 points per game) and the 49ers (70.2 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 2.3 fewer points than the 146.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Owls games is 145.3 points, 3.2 fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 14.4 points separates this game’s over/under (148.5 points) and the average total points bet in 49ers’ games (134.1 points) this season.
Rice Team Leaders
- Max Fiedler: 8.8 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.1 BLK, 58.1 FG%
- Carl Pierre: 15.6 PTS, 49.7 FG%, 45.9 3PT% (56-for-122)
- Travis Evee: 15.2 PTS, 49.1 FG%, 43.2 3PT% (48-for-111)
- Quincy Olivari: 9.3 PTS, 36.5 FG%, 32 3PT% (24-for-75)
- Chris Mullins: 9.7 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (10-for-29)
Charlotte Team Leaders
- Jahmir Young: 19.6 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (34-for-89)
- Austin Butler: 12.3 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (16-for-48)
- Clyde Trapp: 9 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 37 3PT% (20-for-54)
- Aly Khalifa: 7.2 PTS, 47.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (8-for-28)
- Robert Braswell: 8.9 PTS, 51.6 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (24-for-57)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.