The Prairie View A&M Panthers (3-13, 2-4 SWAC) host the Alabama State Hornets (5-13, 3-2 SWAC) in a matchup of SWAC teams at William J. Nicks Building, starting at 6:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022. The Panthers are 5.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup’s point total is 148.5.
Prairie View A&M vs. Alabama State Predictions
Prairie View A&M vs. Alabama State Betting Odds
|Prairie View A&M||-5.5||148.5 points|
Prairie View A&M vs. Alabama State Last 10 Games
- Prairie View A&M is 3-7 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Prairie View A&M’s last 10 contests saw seven hit the over.
- The past 10 Panthers games averaged 2.5 fewer points (146) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Panthers’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 0.6 points lower than their season-long average.
- Alabama State has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The final combined score of the last 10 Hornets games has gone over the set total two times.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 139.5 total points, nine fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Hornets have a 62.4 points-per-game average, 4.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
Prairie View A&M vs. Alabama State Betting Trends
- Prairie View A&M has covered the spread 14 times this season (14-2-0).
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Panthers have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This season, Prairie View A&M’s games have hit the over 10 times.
- The Panthers record 15.7 fewer points per game (59.9) than the Hornets allow (75.6).
- Prairie View A&M is 3-1 against the spread and 0-4 overall when scoring more than 75.6 points.
- Alabama State has compiled a 15-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Hornets have an ATS record of 10-0.
- This season, Alabama State’s games have hit the over seven times out of 17 chances.
- The Hornets average 6.2 fewer points per game (67.3) than the Panthers allow their opponents to score (73.5).
- Alabama State has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record in games it scores more than 73.5 points.
Prairie View A&M vs. Alabama State Over/Under Trends
- Eight Prairie View A&M games this season have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- This season, six of Alabama State’s games have ended with a score higher than 148.5 points.
- The Panthers average 59.9 points per game against the Hornets’ 67.3, totaling 21.3 points under the matchup’s point total of 148.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 149.1 points per game, 0.6 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Panthers games is 143.8 points, 4.7 fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of seven points separates this game’s over/under (148.5 points) and the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (141.5 points) this season.
Prairie View A&M Team Leaders
- William Douglas: 10.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (13-for-34)
- Jawaun Daniels: 13.4 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 30 3PT% (15-for-50)
- Dewayne Cox: 7.1 PTS, 2.9 STL, 44.4 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (7-for-16)
- D’Rell Roberts: 11.2 PTS, 32.1 FG%, 27.5 3PT% (14-for-51)
- Jeremiah Gambrell: 8.2 PTS, 34.2 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (23-for-71)
Alabama State Team Leaders
- Gerald Liddell: 11.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.8 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (12-for-29)
- Kenny Strawbridge: 9.7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.3 FG%, 22.9 3PT% (8-for-35)
- Jordan O’Neal: 7.9 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 51.7 FG%
- Isaiah Range: 8.9 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (14-for-45)
- DJ Jackson: 5.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 33.8 FG%, 25 3PT% (5-for-20)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.