The NC State Wolf Pack (9-10, 2-6 ACC) host the Virginia Cavaliers (11-7, 5-3 ACC) after losing six straight home games. The Wolf Pack are favored by just 1.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022. The matchup’s over/under is 128.5.
NC State vs. Virginia Predictions
NC State vs. Virginia Betting Odds
|NC State||-1.5||128.5 points|
NC State vs. Virginia Last 10 Games
- NC State covered the spread seven times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- NC State and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Wolf Pack games averaged 144 total points, 15.5 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Wolf Pack have a points-per-game average 2.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Virginia has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Virginia games have gone over the set total five times.
- The Cavaliers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 123.4 points scored. That’s 5.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Cavaliers have a 61.2 points-per-game average, 1.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
NC State vs. Virginia Betting Trends
- NC State is 10-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wolf Pack have an ATS record of just 1-8 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, 13 of NC State’s games have gone over the point total out of 20 chances.
- The Wolf Pack average 75.2 points per game, 16.4 more points than the 58.8 the Cavaliers allow.
- NC State has a 5-13 record against the spread and a 9-10 record overall when putting up more than 58.8 points.
- Virginia has covered the spread in a matchup six times this year (6-11-0).
- In games they have played as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Cavaliers have an ATS record of 2-3.
- Virginia’s games have gone over the total seven times this season.
- The Cavaliers put up an average of 62.4 points per game, 11.9 fewer points than the 74.3 the Wolf Pack give up to opponents.
NC State vs. Virginia Over/Under Trends
- NC State and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s over/under of 128.5 points 17 times this season.
- Four of Virginia’s games finished with a combined score higher than 128.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 137.6 points per game, 9.1 points more than the over/under of 128.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 133.1 points per game, 4.6 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Wolf Pack have seen a 143.5 over/under in their games this season, 15 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Cavaliers games have an over/under of 124.1 points this season, 4.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
NC State Team Leaders
- Dereon Seabron: 19.3 PTS, 9.3 REB, 1.6 STL, 53.1 FG%, 22.6 3PT% (7-for-31)
- Jericole Hellems: 14.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 42.4 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (39-for-95)
- Terquavion Smith: 14.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.2 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (51-for-145)
- Cam Hayes: 8.3 PTS, 32.5 FG%, 22.5 3PT% (16-for-71)
- Ebenezer Dowuona: 4 PTS, 2 BLK, 53.6 FG%
Virginia Team Leaders
- Reece Beekman: 8.1 PTS, 2.2 STL, 43.6 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (11-for-36)
- Jayden Gardner: 14 PTS, 7 REB, 52.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (3-for-9)
- Armaan Franklin: 12.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.6 FG%, 23.9 3PT% (22-for-92)
- Kihei Clark: 9.1 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (28-for-75)
- Kadin Shedrick: 6.2 PTS, 2.7 BLK, 59.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.