The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (11-6, 2-2 C-USA) are heavily favored (by 14.5 points) to continue an eight-game home winning streak when they host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (6-11, 1-3 C-USA) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 133 points.
Middle Tennessee vs. Southern Miss Predictions
Middle Tennessee vs. Southern Miss Betting Odds
|Middle Tennessee||-14.5||133 points|
Middle Tennessee vs. Southern Miss Last 10 Games
- Middle Tennessee has covered the spread in each of its last 10 games while going 5-5 overall.
- Middle Tennessee’s last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Blue Raiders games averaged 139.1 total points, 6.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Blue Raiders’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 4.4 points lower than their season-long average.
- Southern Miss is a perfect 10-0-0 against the spread in its past 10 games, and has a 2-8 straight-up record in those matchups.
- The final scores of the past 10 Southern Miss games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The last 10 Golden Eagles games averaged 132.8 total points, 0.2 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Golden Eagles’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 58.8, 4.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Middle Tennessee vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Middle Tennessee has covered the spread 12 times over 14 games with a set spread.
- This season, Middle Tennessee’s games have hit the over eight times out of 14 chances.
- The 73.3 points per game the Blue Raiders score are just 2.3 more points than the Golden Eagles give up (71).
- When Middle Tennessee totals more than 71 points, it is 6-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- Southern Miss has covered the spread 14 times over 15 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 14.5-point underdogs or more, the Golden Eagles have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- This season, Southern Miss’ games have hit the over eight times out of 15 chances.
- The Golden Eagles score only 1.1 fewer points per game (63.7) than the Blue Raiders allow (64.8).
- When it scores more than 64.8 points, Southern Miss is 3-1 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
Middle Tennessee vs. Southern Miss Over/Under Trends
- Middle Tennessee and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (133 points) nine times this season.
- This season, 11 games Southern Miss played finished with a combined score higher than 133 points.
- The Blue Raiders average 73.3 points per game against the Golden Eagles’ 63.7, totaling four points over the game’s over/under of 133.
- These two teams surrender a combined 135.8 points per game, 2.8 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Blue Raiders games is 138.2 points, 5.2 more than the over/under of 133 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 0.9 points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Eagles’ games this season (133.9 points).
Middle Tennessee Team Leaders
- Josh Jefferson: 13.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.6 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (40-for-115)
- Eli Lawrence: 10.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 39.4 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (26-for-87)
- Donovan Sims: 9.6 PTS, 35.5 FG%, 27.1 3PT% (19-for-70)
- DeAndre Dishman: 7.6 PTS, 48.4 FG%
- Camryn Weston: 8.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 58 FG%, 35 3PT% (7-for-20)
Southern Miss Team Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson: 14.1 PTS, 8.3 REB, 1.1 BLK, 50.3 FG%
- Isaih Moore: 12.1 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 57.9 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (7-for-26)
- DeAndre Pinckney: 7.6 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (13-for-49)
- Walyn Napper: 5.5 PTS, 35.4 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (8-for-26)
- Jaron Pierre, Jr.: 9.1 PTS, 34.1 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (35-for-101)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.