The Western Carolina Catamounts (8-11, 2-4 SoCon) are heavy underdogs (by 10.5 points) to break a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Mercer Bears (11-8, 4-2 SoCon) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET. The over/under is 148 for the matchup.
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Predictions
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Betting Odds
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Last 10 Games
- Mercer is 6-4 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Mercer’s last 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Bears games averaged 7.6 fewer points (140.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Bears’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 1.2 points lower than their season-long average.
- Western Carolina is 3-7 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the past 10 Western Carolina games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The last 10 Catamounts games averaged 149.6 total points, 1.6 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Catamounts are scoring 71.4 points per game compared to their 73.9 season average.
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Betting Trends
- Mercer is 11-6-0 against the spread this season.
- Mercer’s games have gone over the total 10 times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Bears put up 6.8 fewer points per game (72.2) than the Catamounts allow (79).
- Mercer has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall when putting up more than 79 points.
- Western Carolina has put together a record of 16-3-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 10.5-point underdogs or more, the Catamounts have a perfect ATS record of 4-0.
- Western Carolina games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 20 chances this year.
- The Catamounts put up just 3.2 more points per game (73.9) than the Bears allow their opponents to score (70.7).
- When it scores more than 70.7 points, Western Carolina is 7-5 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Over/Under Trends
- Mercer and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (148 points) four times this season.
- In Western Carolina’s 20 games this season, 13 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 148.
- The Bears average 72.2 points per game against the Catamounts’ 73.9, amounting to 1.9 points under the game’s over/under of 148.
- These two teams give up a combined 149.7 points per game, 1.7 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Bears games is 141.6 points, 6.4 fewer than the over/under of 148 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 0.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Catamounts’ games this season (148.7 points).
Mercer Team Leaders
- Felipe Haase: 15.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 51.9 FG%, 49 3PT% (47-for-96)
- Jalen Johnson: 14.6 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 45.3 FG%, 44.9 3PT% (53-for-118)
- James Glisson III: 11.1 PTS, 49 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (18-for-52)
- Kamar Robertson: 8.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 35.4 FG%, 25.4 3PT% (16-for-63)
- Shawn Walker: 5.1 PTS, 32.1 FG%, 21.1 3PT% (12-for-57)
Western Carolina Team Leaders
- Nick Robinson: 14.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.2 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (40-for-119)
- Vonterius Woolbright: 10.5 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (6-for-21)
- Joe Petrakis: 7.7 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (29-for-85)
- Travion McCray: 10.3 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (20-for-59)
- Tyler Harris: 6.8 PTS, 35.2 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (22-for-70)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.