The James Madison Dukes (11-5, 2-3 CAA) host the Charleston (SC) Cougars (9-7, 1-3 CAA) in a matchup of CAA teams at Atlantic Union Bank Center, starting at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022. The Dukes are 2-point favorites in the game. The matchup has an over/under of 152.5.
JMU vs. Charleston (SC) Predictions
JMU vs. Charleston (SC) Betting Odds
JMU vs. Charleston (SC) Last 10 Games
- JMU covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- JMU’s last 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Dukes games averaged 142.1 total points, 10.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Dukes are scoring 3.7 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Charleston (SC) has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Charleston (SC)’s last 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Cougars games averaged 2.6 fewer points (149.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Cougars have scored 2.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 77.4 PPG season-long scoring average.
JMU vs. Charleston (SC) Betting Trends
- JMU is 9-5-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 2 points or more, the Dukes are 3-3 against the spread.
- Games involving JMU have hit the over six times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Dukes score 77.8 points per game, just 0.9 more points than the 76.9 the Cougars allow.
- JMU has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall when putting up more than 76.9 points.
- Charleston (SC) has covered the spread 10 times this year (10-8-0).
- In games they were an underdog in by 2 points or more so far this year, the Cougars have gone 6-1 against the spread.
- Charleston (SC)’s games have gone over the total 11 times out of 18 chances this year.
- The Cougars’ 77.4 points per game are 8.5 more points than the 68.9 the Dukes allow.
- Charleston (SC) is 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall when it scores more than 68.9 points.
JMU vs. Charleston (SC) Over/Under Trends
- This season, six of JMU’s 14 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 152.5 points.
- This season, 11 of Charleston (SC)’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 152.5 points.
- The Dukes average 77.8 points per game against the Cougars’ 77.4, amounting to 2.7 points over the contest’s total of 152.5.
- This matchup’s point total is 6.7 fewer points than the 145.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Dukes have seen a 144.1 average over/under in their games this season, 8.4 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 1.2 points more than the average over/under in Cougars’ games this season (151.3 points).
JMU Team Leaders
- Takal Molson: 12.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.3 FG%, 29.2 3PT% (14-for-48)
- Vado Morse: 13.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 36.3 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (35-for-104)
- Justin Amadi: 9.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 64.9 FG%
- Charles Falden: 10.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.4 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (30-for-68)
- Julien Wooden: 7.8 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 24.4 3PT% (10-for-41)
Charleston (SC) Team Leaders
- Dimitrius Underwood: 10.2 PTS, 2.3 STL, 38.5 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (3-for-18)
- John Meeks: 15.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47.2 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (21-for-54)
- Reyne Smith: 12 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (44-for-122)
- Brenden Tucker: 10.9 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (26-for-59)
- Ben Burnham: 7.4 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (12-for-31)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.