The Iowa Hawkeyes (13-5, 3-4 Big Ten) are heavy favorites (-10) as they try to build on a five-game home winning streak when they square off against the Penn State Nittany Lions (8-7, 3-4 Big Ten) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The contest airs at 4:30 PM ET. The point total is 143 in the matchup.
Iowa vs. Penn State Predictions
Iowa vs. Penn State Betting Odds
Iowa vs. Penn State Last 10 Games
- Iowa is 6-4 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Iowa’s past 10 contests saw eight go over the total.
- The past 10 Hawkeyes games averaged nine more points (152) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Hawkeyes’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 5.6 points lower than their season-long average.
- Penn State has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Penn State’s last 10 contests saw five go over the total.
- The Nittany Lions’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 132.4 points scored. That’s 10.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Nittany Lions’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 63.8, 2.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Iowa vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Iowa has covered the spread 12 times over 18 games with a set spread.
- The Hawkeyes are 6-2 ATS when playing as at least 10-point favorites.
- Iowa games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 14 times this season.
- The Hawkeyes average 19.2 more points per game (83.9) than the Nittany Lions allow (64.7).
- When Iowa scores more than 64.7 points, it is 11-5 against the spread and 13-3 overall.
- Penn State has put together a 9-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 10-point underdogs.
- Penn State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this year.
- The Nittany Lions’ 66.5 points per game are just 3.9 fewer points than the 70.4 the Hawkeyes allow.
- When it scores more than 70.4 points, Penn State is 2-3 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
Iowa vs. Penn State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 15 of Iowa’s 18 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 143 points.
- This season, three of Penn State’s games have ended with a score higher than 143 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 143 is 7.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Hawkeyes (83.9 points per game) and the Nittany Lions (66.5 points per game).
- The 135.1 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 7.9 fewer than the 143 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Hawkeyes games is 149.9 points, 6.9 more than the over/under of 143 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 7.4 points more than the average over/under in Nittany Lions’ games this season (135.6 points).
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 23.3 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.5 STL, 2.1 BLK, 58.4 FG%, 36 3PT% (27-for-75)
- Kris Murray: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 49.6 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (20-for-51)
- Patrick McCaffery: 9.6 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 29.8 3PT% (14-for-47)
- Filip Rebraca: 6.2 PTS, 56 FG%
- Joe Toussaint: 5.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 50 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (7-for-16)
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 13.3 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (23-for-74)
- John Harrar: 10.8 PTS, 9.9 REB, 68.9 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 14.1 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (32-for-91)
- Sam Sessoms: 12.1 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 46.3 3PT% (19-for-41)
- Myles Dread: 5.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 35.6 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (25-for-64)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.