The Indiana State Sycamores (8-9, 1-4 MVC) are favored (-3.5) to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Valparaiso Beacons (9-10, 2-5 MVC) at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Hulman Center. The matchup’s point total is set at 138.
Indiana State vs. Valparaiso Predictions
Indiana State vs. Valparaiso Betting Odds
|Indiana State||-3.5||138 points|
Indiana State vs. Valparaiso Last 10 Games
- Indiana State has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Indiana State and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Sycamores’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 142.9 points scored. That’s 4.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Sycamores have a points-per-game average five points below their season-long scoring average.
- Valparaiso has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Valparaiso and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Beacons games averaged 2.7 fewer points (135.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Beacons are scoring 71.3 points per game compared to their 72.8 season average.
Indiana State vs. Valparaiso Betting Trends
- Indiana State is 13-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Sycamores have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Indiana State have hit the over 11 times out of 16 chances this season.
- The Sycamores put up just 3.4 more points per game (73.4) than the Beacons give up (70).
- Indiana State has a 4-1 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall when putting up more than 70 points.
- Valparaiso has covered the spread nine times over 16 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Beacons have an ATS record of 6-1-1.
- This season, Valparaiso’s games have hit the over 10 times out of 16 chances.
- The Beacons put up an average of 72.8 points per game, just 2.7 more points than the 70.1 the Sycamores give up to opponents.
- Valparaiso has put together a 5-1 ATS record and a 7-1 overall record in games it scores more than 70.1 points.
Indiana State vs. Valparaiso Over/Under Trends
- Indiana State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 138 points 11 times this season.
- This season, eight games Valparaiso played finished with a combined score higher than 138 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 146.2 points per game, 8.2 points more than the point total of 138 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 140.1 points per game, 2.1 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Sycamores have seen a 141.5 average over/under in their games this season, 3.5 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Beacons games have an over/under of 134.6 points this season, 3.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Indiana State Team Leaders
- Cameron Henry: 12.6 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (19-for-56)
- Cooper Neese: 13.8 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (36-for-117)
- Micah Thomas: 11.8 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (30-for-84)
- Xavier Bledson: 9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (9-for-28)
- Julian Larry: 5.7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 47.9 FG%, 25 3PT% (4-for-16)
Valparaiso Team Leaders
- Sheldon Edwards: 11.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 1.1 BLK, 39.5 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (40-for-119)
- Thomas Kithier: 9.4 PTS, 58.4 FG%
- Ben Krikke: 13.8 PTS, 55.2 FG%, 13.3 3PT% (2-for-15)
- Kevion Taylor: 11.3 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (45-for-105)
- Trevor Anderson: 9.6 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (20-for-57)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.