The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-15, 1-5 SWAC) will try to end a three-game losing streak when they visit the Grambling Tigers (6-12, 3-2 SWAC) on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center as heavy, 13.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 3:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 149.5.
Grambling vs. Mississippi Valley State Predictions
Grambling vs. Mississippi Valley State Betting Odds
Grambling vs. Mississippi Valley State Last 10 Games
- Grambling is 3-7 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Grambling and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Tigers games averaged 12.6 fewer points (136.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Tigers are scoring 2.1 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Mississippi Valley State is 1-9 overall and 10-0-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Mississippi Valley State’s last 10 games saw nine hit the over.
- The Delta Devils’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 146.3 points scored. That’s 3.2 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Delta Devils have a 70.2 points-per-game average, 6.1 points above their season-long scoring average.
Grambling vs. Mississippi Valley State Betting Trends
- Grambling has compiled a 13-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- Grambling games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Tigers score 26 fewer points per game (60.2) than the Delta Devils give up (86.2).
- Mississippi Valley State is a perfect 16-0-0 against the spread this season.
- The Delta Devils are 12-0 ATS when playing as at least 13.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Mississippi Valley State have hit the over 12 times this season.
- The Delta Devils score 5.5 fewer points per game (64.1) than the Tigers give up to opponents (69.6).
- Mississippi Valley State is 3-3 against the spread and 1-5 overall when it scores more than 69.6 points.
Grambling vs. Mississippi Valley State Over/Under Trends
- Grambling and its opponents have combined to exceed Saturday’s over/under of 149.5 points just twice this season.
- This season, nine of Mississippi Valley State’s games have ended with a score higher than 149.5 points.
- The total for the game of 149.5 is 25.2 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Tigers (60.2 points per game) and the Delta Devils (64.1 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 155.8 points per game, 6.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Tigers games is 138.7 points, 10.8 fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.8 points more than the average over/under in Delta Devils’ games this season (146.7 points).
Grambling Team Leaders
- Tra’Michael Moton: 10.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (12-for-36)
- A.J. Taylor: 9.2 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 44.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (18-for-54)
- Cameron Christon: 12.5 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 41.8 3PT% (23-for-55)
- Prince Moss: 6.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 32 FG%, 29.2 3PT% (7-for-24)
- Danya Kingsby: 9.1 PTS, 33.3 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (14-for-38)
Mississippi Valley State Team Leaders
- Caleb Hunter: 13.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 31.5 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (36-for-134)
- Robert Carpenter: 17.8 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 38.7 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (25-for-78)
- David McCoy: 5.5 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41.4 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (6-for-22)
- Gary Grant: 7.8 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 23.1 3PT% (3-for-13)
- Elijah Davis: 4.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 37.8 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.