The Akron Zips (11-5, 4-2 MAC) host the Eastern Michigan Eagles (7-9, 2-3 MAC) in a matchup of MAC teams at James A. Rhodes Arena, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 22, 2022. The Eagles are 11-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 139.5 points.
Akron vs. Eastern Michigan Predictions
Akron vs. Eastern Michigan Betting Odds
Akron vs. Eastern Michigan Last 10 Games
- Akron has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Akron and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Zips games averaged 0.6 more points (140.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Zips’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is two points higher than their season-long average.
- Eastern Michigan is 5-5 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Eastern Michigan’s past 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The Eagles’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 143.2 points scored. That’s 3.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Eagles are scoring 71.7 points per game compared to their 72.8 season average.
Akron vs. Eastern Michigan Betting Trends
- Akron has covered the spread five times in 14 games with a set spread.
- The Zips are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 11-point favorites.
- This season, Akron’s games have hit the over eight times out of 15 chances.
- The Zips score only 1.1 fewer points per game (74.1) than the Eagles allow (75.2).
- Akron is 5-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall when scoring more than 75.2 points.
- Eastern Michigan has covered the spread 13 times this season (13-2-0).
- The Eagles have a perfect 3-0 ATS record when playing as at least 11-point underdogs.
- Eastern Michigan games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 15 chances this year.
- The Eagles score an average of 72.8 points per game, 9.2 more points than the 63.6 the Zips give up.
- When it scores more than 63.6 points, Eastern Michigan is 6-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
Akron vs. Eastern Michigan Over/Under Trends
- Akron and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (139.5 points) six times this season.
- This season, 11 games Eastern Michigan played finished with a combined score over 139.5 points.
- The Zips average 74.1 points per game against the Eagles’ 72.8, totaling 7.4 points over the matchup’s total of 139.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 138.8 points per game, 0.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Zips have seen a 137.2 average over/under in their games this season, 2.3 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 3.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Eagles’ games this season (142.9 points).
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 12.4 PTS, 10.6 REB, 65.3 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 13.3 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (35-for-93)
- Ali Ali: 13.9 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (23-for-53)
- Bryan Trimble Jr.: 11.3 PTS, 38.1 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (43-for-120)
- Greg Tribble: 7.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.1 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (4-for-17)
Eastern Michigan Team Leaders
- Noah Farrakhan: 16.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 38.6 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (25-for-60)
- James Scott: 13 PTS, 1.3 STL, 46.7 FG%, 31 3PT% (18-for-58)
- Bryce McBride: 12.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (17-for-51)
- Darion Spottsville: 6.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 50.6 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (5-for-17)
- Nathan Scott: 7 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (8-for-34)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.