The No. 8 Wisconsin Badgers (15-2, 6-1 Big Ten) are favored (by 4.5 points) to build on a seven-game home win streak when they host the No. 14 Michigan State Spartans (14-3, 5-1 Big Ten) on Friday, January 21, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 140 in the matchup.
Wisconsin vs. Michigan State Predictions
Wisconsin vs. Michigan State Betting Odds
Wisconsin vs. Michigan State Last 10 Games
- Wisconsin covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Wisconsin’s past 10 contests saw eight go over the total.
- The past 10 Badgers games averaged 2.1 fewer points (137.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Badgers are scoring 3.3 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Michigan State has a 9-1 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Michigan State’s last 10 contests saw seven hit the over.
- The Spartans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 140.1 points scored. That’s 0.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Spartans are scoring 76.5 points per game compared to their 74.7 season average.
Wisconsin vs. Michigan State Betting Trends
- Wisconsin has covered the spread 12 times in 17 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point favorites or more, the Badgers have an ATS record of 3-4.
- Wisconsin’s games have gone over the total 12 times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Badgers record 72.6 points per game, 7.0 more points than the 65.6 the Spartans give up.
- Wisconsin is 9-3 against the spread and 12-0 overall when scoring more than 65.6 points.
- Michigan State has put together a 9-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Spartans have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Michigan State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 16 chances this year.
- The Spartans score an average of 74.7 points per game, 8.9 more points than the 65.8 the Badgers allow.
- Michigan State is 8-4 against the spread and 12-1 overall when it scores more than 65.8 points.
Wisconsin vs. Michigan State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Wisconsin and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s over/under of 140 points six times.
- In Michigan State’s 16 games this season, nine have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s over/under of 140.
- Together, the two teams combine for 147.3 points per game, 7.3 points more than the point total of 140 for this contest.
- This matchup’s total is 8.6 fewer points than the 131.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Badgers games is 133.3 points, 6.7 fewer than the over/under of 140 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 0.3 points more than the average over/under in Spartans’ games this season (139.7 points).
Wisconsin Team Leaders
- Jonathan Davis: 19.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.1 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (25-for-70)
- Brad Davison: 15.1 PTS, 40.0 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (41-for-117)
- Tyler Wahl: 11.0 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 51.1 FG%, 13.6 3PT% (3-for-22)
- Steven Crowl: 8.8 PTS, 48.7 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (12-for-38)
- Chucky Hepburn: 7.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 36.4 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (17-for-56)
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Gabe Brown: 14.2 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (40-for-103)
- Marcus Bingham: 9.1 PTS, 2.5 BLK, 56.9 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (2-for-10)
- Max Christie: 9.8 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (23-for-68)
- Malik Hall: 9.7 PTS, 61.2 FG%, 55.9 3PT% (19-for-34)
- Tyson Walker: 6.8 PTS, 5.2 AST, 1.3 STL, 40.0 FG%, 57.1 3PT% (16-for-28)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.