The Illinois State Redbirds (9-9, 2-3 MVC) are 7-point favorites as they try to extend a four-game home win streak when they host the Evansville Purple Aces (4-12, 0-5 MVC) on Friday, January 21, 2022 at Redbird Arena. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 137.5.
Illinois State vs. Evansville Predictions
Illinois State vs. Evansville Betting Odds
|Illinois State||-7||137.5 points|
Illinois State vs. Evansville Last 10 Games
- Illinois State is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- The final score of the past 10 Illinois State games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The last 10 Redbirds games averaged 143.5 total points, 6.0 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Redbirds’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 3.4 points lower than their season-long average.
- Evansville covered the spread nine times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Evansville games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The last 10 Purple Aces games averaged 127 total points, 10.5 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Purple Aces have scored 2.5 more points per contest compared to their 59.8 PPG season-long scoring average.
Illinois State vs. Evansville Betting Trends
- Illinois State has covered the spread 12 times this season (12-4-1).
- The Redbirds are 1-3 ATS when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- This season, Illinois State’s games have hit the over 12 times out of 17 chances.
- The Redbirds average 10.7 more points per game (78.7) than the Purple Aces allow (68).
- When Illinois State puts up more than 68 points, it is 8-4 against the spread and 8-6 overall.
- Evansville has put together a 13-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Purple Aces are a perfect 7-0 ATS when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Evansville’s games have gone over the total six times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Purple Aces score an average of 59.8 points per game, 18.4 fewer points than the 78.2 the Redbirds give up.
Illinois State vs. Evansville Over/Under Trends
- Illinois State and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s over/under (137.5 points) 15 times this season.
- This season, three games Evansville played finished with a combined score over 137.5 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 137.5 is 1.0 point fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Redbirds (78.7 points per game) and the Purple Aces (59.8 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 146.2 points per game, 8.7 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Redbirds have seen a 143.6 over/under in their games this season, 6.1 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 9.0 points separates this contest’s over/under (137.5 points) and the average total points bet in Purple Aces’ games (128.5 points) this season.
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 20.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.8 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (50-for-121)
- Sy Chatman: 14.3 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 54.6 FG%
- Josiah Strong: 12.3 PTS, 45 FG%, 46.7 3PT% (50-for-107)
- Kendall Lewis: 9.7 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 50.9 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (15-for-37)
- Mark Freeman: 9.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.8 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (12-for-32)
Evansville Team Leaders
- Shamar Givance: 14.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.6 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (21-for-66)
- Jawaun Newton: 14.3 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (24-for-72)
- Noah Frederking: 7.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 36.4 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (24-for-78)
- Evan Kuhlman: 6.1 PTS, 33.3 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (17-for-53)
- Blaise Beauchamp: 6.3 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (18-for-54)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.