The Samford Bulldogs (11-6, 1-4 SoCon) are 4-point underdogs as they try to break a three-game road losing streak when they take on the VMI Keydets (10-8, 3-3 SoCon) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at Cameron Hall. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 159.
VMI vs. Samford Predictions
VMI vs. Samford Betting Odds
VMI vs. Samford Last 10 Games
- VMI has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- VMI and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Keydets games averaged 146.3 total points, 12.7 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Keydets have scored 0.7 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Samford covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Samford games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The Bulldogs’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 149.3 points scored. That’s 9.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 72.2 points per game compared to their 75.5 season average.
VMI vs. Samford Betting Trends
- VMI has covered the spread nine times this season (9-5-1).
- The Keydets have yet to cover a spread (0-2) when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- Games involving VMI have hit the over nine times out of 15 chances this season.
- The Keydets record 79.2 points per game, only 4.8 more points than the 74.4 the Bulldogs allow.
- VMI has a 6-1 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall when scoring more than 74.4 points.
- Samford has gone 10-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs are 7-0 ATS when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- Samford’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 14 chances this year.
- The Bulldogs score an average of 75.5 points per game, 5.4 more points than the 70.1 the Keydets give up to opponents.
- Samford is 6-4 against the spread and 10-3 overall when it scores more than 70.1 points.
VMI vs. Samford Over/Under Trends
- VMI and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total (159 points) five times this season.
- Three of Samford’s games ended with a combined score higher than 159 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 154.7 points per game, 4.3 points fewer than the point total of 159 for this game.
- The 144.5 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 14.5 fewer than the 159 total in this contest.
- The Keydets have seen a 144.4 average over/under in their games this season, 14.6 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 10.4 points separates this contest’s over/under (159 points) and the average total points bet in Bulldogs’ games (148.6 points) this season.
VMI Team Leaders
- Jake Stephens: 19.2 PTS, 9.1 REB, 2.2 BLK, 53.1 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (38-for-89)
- Kamdyn Curfman: 17.1 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (65-for-167)
- Sean Conway: 9.8 PTS, 39.5 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (37-for-109)
- Trey Bonham: 9.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.8 FG%, 35 3PT% (14-for-40)
- Tanner Mans: 6.3 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (23-for-61)
Samford Team Leaders
- Ques Glover: 18.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.3 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (15-for-48)
- Jermaine Marshall: 11.2 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.1 STL, 46.8 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (17-for-59)
- Jaden Campbell: 11.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 41.4 FG%, 42 3PT% (37-for-88)
- Wesley Cardet Jr.: 9.3 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (12-for-42)
- Jacob Tryon: 5.9 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 55.3 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (13-for-35)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.