The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (15-4, 6-0 Summit) are 8.5-point favorites as they attempt to continue a six-game winning streak when they visit the Saint Thomas Tommies (8-8, 2-2 Summit) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at Schoenecker Arena. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 164.5.
South Dakota State vs. St. Thomas Predictions
South Dakota State vs. St. Thomas Betting Odds
|South Dakota State||-8.5||164.5 points|
South Dakota State vs. St. Thomas Last 10 Games
- South Dakota State is 8-2 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- South Dakota State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Jackrabbits games averaged 5.0 fewer points (159.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Jackrabbits’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 1.5 points lower than their season-long average.
- St. Thomas has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 St. Thomas games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The last 10 Tommies games averaged 147.3 total points, 17.2 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Tommies have a 73.9 points-per-game average, 4.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
South Dakota State vs. St. Thomas Betting Trends
- South Dakota State has compiled an 11-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Jackrabbits have an ATS record of 5-5 when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- South Dakota State’s games have gone over the total 10 times out of 18 chances this season.
- The 87.1 points per game the Jackrabbits record are 16.9 more points than the Tommies allow (70.2).
- When South Dakota State puts up more than 70.2 points, it is 9-8 against the spread and 15-3 overall.
- St. Thomas is 8-5-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 8.5-point underdogs or more, the Tommies have an ATS record of 4-2.
- This season, seven of St. Thomas’ games have gone over the point total out of 13 chances.
- The Tommies’ 78.7 points per game are just 3.4 more points than the 75.3 the Jackrabbits give up.
- When it scores more than 75.3 points, St. Thomas is 6-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
South Dakota State vs. St. Thomas Over/Under Trends
- Seven South Dakota State games this season have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 164.5 points.
- There has not been a St. Thomas game that has ended with a combined score higher than 164.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 165.8 points per game, 1.3 points more than the point total of 164.5 for this contest.
- This game’s point total is 19.0 fewer points than the 145.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Jackrabbits games is 6.0 points fewer than the over/under of 164.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 17.4 points separates this game’s over/under (164.5 points) and the average total points bet in Tommies’ games (147.1 points) this season.
South Dakota State Team Leaders
- Baylor Scheierman: 14.8 PTS, 8.8 REB, 1.6 STL, 50.3 FG%, 47.4 3PT% (45-for-95)
- Doug Wilson: 14.2 PTS, 55.1 FG%
- Zeke Mayo: 9.4 PTS, 51.6 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (28-for-68)
- Alex Arians: 7.8 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 48.9 3PT% (22-for-45)
- Noah Freidel: 18.0 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (40-for-100)
St. Thomas Team Leaders
- Anders Nelson: 17.0 PTS, 44.0 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (26-for-88)
- Riley Miller: 17.3 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (66-for-152)
- Parker Bjorklund: 14.3 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.1 STL, 58.8 FG%, 75.0 3PT% (3-for-4)
- Brooks Allen: 5.6 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (18-for-47)
- Burt Hedstrom: 7.6 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (22-for-63)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.