The Saint Mary’s Gaels (13-4, 1-1 WCC) are 9-point favorites as they look to build on a five-game home winning streak when they take on the Santa Clara Broncos (11-6, 1-1 WCC) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at McKeon Pavilion. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 138.5.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Santa Clara Predictions
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Santa Clara Betting Odds
|Saint Mary’s (CA)||-9||138.5 points|
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Santa Clara Last 10 Games
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)’s last 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Gaels games averaged 10.9 fewer points (127.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Gaels are scoring 2.3 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Santa Clara has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Santa Clara games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The past 10 Broncos games averaged 5.0 more points (143.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Broncos are scoring 75.8 points per game compared to their 77.3 season average.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Santa Clara Betting Trends
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has covered the spread 12 times this season (12-6-0).
- The Gaels have an ATS record of 5-2 when playing as at least 9-point favorites.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)’s games have gone over the total six times out of 18 chances this season.
- The 67.8 points per game the Gaels score are the same as the Broncos give up.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 5-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall when scoring more than 70.8 points.
- Santa Clara has put together a record of 8-8-1 against the spread this year.
- The Broncos have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9-point underdogs.
- Santa Clara’s games have gone over the total 11 times this year.
- The Broncos’ 77.3 points per game are 19.3 more points than the 58.0 the Gaels allow.
- Santa Clara has put together a 7-7-1 ATS record and an 11-5 overall record in games it scores more than 58.0 points.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Santa Clara Over/Under Trends
- Saint Mary’s (CA) and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total (138.5 points) four times this season.
- There have been 11 Santa Clara games that have finished with a combined score higher than 138.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 145.1 points per game, 6.6 points more than the over/under of 138.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s total is 9.7 fewer points than the 128.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Gaels games is 9.5 points fewer than the over/under of 138.5 points in this matchup.
- Broncos’ games have a total points bet of 143.0 points this season, 4.5 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Saint Mary’s (CA) Team Leaders
- Matthias Tass: 12.4 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 59.3 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (2-for-11)
- Logan Johnson: 10.7 PTS, 1.9 STL, 43.4 FG%, 30 3PT% (12-for-40)
- Tommy Kuhse: 10.1 PTS, 50.7 FG%, 46.8 3PT% (22-for-47)
- Kyle Bowen: 5.2 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (15-for-45)
- Alex Ducas: 9.6 PTS, 37.3 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (34-for-98)
Santa Clara Team Leaders
- Jalen Williams: 18.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 51.4 FG%, 40 3PT% (22-for-55)
- Keshawn Justice: 14.9 PTS, 7.8 REB, 44.7 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (47-for-107)
- Parker Braun: 9.2 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 58.6 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (8-for-23)
- PJ Pipes: 10.5 PTS, 36.6 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (19-for-67)
- Josip Vrankic: 11.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 55.2 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (4-for-9)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.