The Rice Owls (10-6, 3-2 C-USA) are favored (by 4 points) to build on a four-game home winning streak when they host the Old Dominion Monarchs (7-9, 2-1 C-USA) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 142.5.
Rice vs. Old Dominion Predictions
Rice vs. Old Dominion Betting Odds
Rice vs. Old Dominion Last 10 Games
- Rice has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Rice and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Owls games averaged 145.6 total points, 3.1 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Owls have scored 3.7 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Old Dominion has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Old Dominion games have gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Monarchs games averaged 128.8 total points, 13.7 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Monarchs’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 70.0, 3.1 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Rice vs. Old Dominion Betting Trends
- Rice has registered a 9-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Owls have an ATS record of 4-4 when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- This season, 10 of Rice’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Owls score 77.3 points per game, 11.0 more points than the 66.3 the Monarchs give up.
- Rice has a 6-5 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall when scoring more than 66.3 points.
- Old Dominion is 8-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Monarchs are 3-1 ATS when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- Games involving Old Dominion have hit the over eight times out of 15 chances this year.
- The Monarchs’ 66.9 points per game are 7.5 fewer points than the 74.4 the Owls give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 74.4 points, Old Dominion is 3-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
Rice vs. Old Dominion Over/Under Trends
- This season, 12 of Rice’s 16 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 142.5 points.
- Three of Old Dominion’s games ended with a combined score higher than 142.5 points this season.
- The Owls average 77.3 points per game against the Monarchs’ 66.9, amounting to 1.7 points over the contest’s total of 142.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 1.8 fewer points than the 140.7 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Owls games is 145.4 points, 2.9 more than the over/under of 142.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 12.2 points separates this contest’s over/under (142.5 points) and the average total points bet in Monarchs’ games (130.3 points) this season.
Rice Team Leaders
- Max Fiedler: 8.8 PTS, 8.3 REB, 1.1 BLK, 58.2 FG%
- Travis Evee: 15.3 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 44.7 3PT% (46-for-103)
- Carl Pierre: 15.3 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (49-for-112)
- Quincy Olivari: 9.1 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (21-for-69)
- Chris Mullins: 9.9 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (9-for-27)
Old Dominion Team Leaders
- Kalu Ezikpe: 11.8 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 60.6 FG%
- Jaylin Hunter: 9.8 PTS, 1.8 STL, 35.2 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (20-for-58)
- Mekhi Long: 8.4 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.3 STL, 1.1 BLK, 37.9 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (4-for-20)
- Austin Trice: 10.8 PTS, 59.6 FG%
- C.J. Keyser: 14.3 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (18-for-52)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.