The Georgetown Hoyas (6-8, 0-3 Big East) are heavy underdogs (+13.5) as they try to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the No. 21 Providence Friars (14-2, 4-1 Big East) at 5:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at Dunkin’ Donuts Center. The over/under is set at 145 in the matchup.
Providence vs. Georgetown Predictions
Providence vs. Georgetown Betting Odds
Providence vs. Georgetown Last 10 Games
- Providence is 8-2 overall and 4-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Providence and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Friars games averaged 135.4 total points, 9.6 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Friars are scoring 4.1 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Georgetown is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Georgetown games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The Hoyas’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 148.9 points scored. That’s 3.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Hoyas have a 76.0 points-per-game average, 1.9 points above their season-long scoring average.
Providence vs. Georgetown Betting Trends
- Providence has covered the spread six times in 14 games with a set spread.
- The Friars have an ATS record of 1-3 when playing as at least 13.5-point favorites.
- This season, Providence’s games have hit the over seven times out of 15 chances.
- The 69.8 points per game the Friars average are 5.6 fewer points than the Hoyas give up (75.4).
- Providence has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall when scoring more than 75.4 points.
- Georgetown is 10-4-0 against the spread this season.
- Georgetown’s games have gone over the total seven times this year.
- The Hoyas put up 10.5 more points per game (74.1) than the Friars allow their opponents to score (63.6).
- When it scores more than 63.6 points, Georgetown is 5-6 against the spread and 6-5 overall.
Providence vs. Georgetown Over/Under Trends
- This season, Providence and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 145 points five times.
- In Georgetown’s 14 games this season, 10 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 145.
- The Friars average 69.8 points per game against the Hoyas’ 74.1, totaling 1.1 points under the game’s over/under of 145.
- The 139 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 6.0 fewer than the 145 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Friars games is 9.8 points fewer than the over/under of 145 points in this contest.
- A difference of 0.6 points separates the average total points bet in Hoyas’ games (145.6 points) and this contest’s over/under (145 points).
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 9.8 PTS, 8.4 REB, 43.4 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (24-for-59)
- Nate Watson: 14.1 PTS, 56.8 FG%
- Al Durham: 13.3 PTS, 36.0 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (15-for-60)
- A.J. Reeves: 10.0 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (30-for-83)
- Justin Minaya: 5.5 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (11-for-38)
Georgetown Team Leaders
- Aminu Mohammed: 13.8 PTS, 8.6 REB, 1.4 STL, 39.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (9-for-27)
- Dante Harris: 11.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 38.4 FG%, 26.8 3PT% (11-for-41)
- Don Carey: 10.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.2 FG%, 47.3 3PT% (26-for-55)
- Kaiden Rice: 12.5 PTS, 37.3 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (51-for-130)
- Ryan Mutombo: 5.2 PTS, 48.4 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.