The New Mexico State Aggies (16-2, 5-0 WAC) will attempt to build on an 11-game winning streak when they visit the Sam Houston Bearkats (10-9, 5-1 WAC) at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 20, 2022 as 5-point favorites. The Bearkats have won three games in a row. The matchup has a point total of 136.
New Mexico State vs. Sam Houston Predictions
New Mexico State vs. Sam Houston Betting Odds
|New Mexico State||-5||136 points|
New Mexico State vs. Sam Houston Last 10 Games
- New Mexico State covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 10-0 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 New Mexico State games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The past 10 Aggies games averaged 4.2 more points (140.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Aggies have a points-per-game average 4.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Sam Houston has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Sam Houston and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The Bearkats’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 135.6 points scored. That’s 0.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Bearkats are scoring 66.9 points per game compared to their 71.3 season average.
New Mexico State vs. Sam Houston Betting Trends
- New Mexico State has registered a 9-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 5 points or more, the Aggies are 6-4 against the spread.
- Games involving New Mexico State have hit the over 10 times out of 15 chances this season.
- The Aggies average 7.4 more points per game (72.7) than the Bearkats allow (65.3).
- When New Mexico State totals more than 65.3 points, it is 5-4 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- Sam Houston has covered the spread 14 times in 17 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 5 points or more so far this season, the Bearkats went 5-0 against the spread.
- Sam Houston’s games have gone over the total seven times out of 17 chances this year.
- The Bearkats put up 7.9 more points per game (71.3) than the Aggies allow their opponents to score (63.4).
- Sam Houston has put together a 7-3 ATS record and a 9-4 overall record in games it scores more than 63.4 points.
New Mexico State vs. Sam Houston Over/Under Trends
- This season, New Mexico State games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 136-point over/under 10 times.
- There have been eight Sam Houston games that have ended with a combined score over 136 points this season.
- The Aggies average 72.7 points per game against the Bearkats’ 71.3, amounting to 8.0 points over the contest’s total of 136.
- The 128.7 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 7.3 fewer than the 136 total in this contest.
- On average, the Aggies have seen a 138.5 over/under in their games this season, 2.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 0.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Bearkats’ games this season (136.8 points).
New Mexico State Team Leaders
- Teddy Allen: 18.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (38-for-114)
- Jabari Rice: 13.1 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (28-for-76)
- William McNair: 7.8 PTS, 56.7 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (2-for-10)
- Johnny McCants: 8.1 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 53.6 FG%, 22.6 3PT% (7-for-31)
- Marchelus Avery: 5.1 PTS, 47.0 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (9-for-28)
Sam Houston Team Leaders
- Savion Flagg: 19.8 PTS, 8.3 REB, 45.6 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (50-for-127)
- Tristan Ikpe: 6.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 53.5 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (2-for-5)
- Jaden Ray: 8.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.5 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (19-for-51)
- Demarkus Lampley: 11.3 PTS, 39.0 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (48-for-137)
- Javion May: 5.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 46.2 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (5-for-20)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.