The Portland State Vikings (4-9, 2-3 Big Sky) are 3.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a three-game home losing streak when they host the Montana Grizzlies (11-6, 4-2 Big Sky) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at Viking Pavillion. The contest airs at 10:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 135.
Montana vs. Portland State Predictions
Montana vs. Portland State Betting Odds
Montana vs. Portland State Last 10 Games
- Montana is 6-4 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Montana and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Grizzlies games averaged two fewer points (133) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Grizzlies have scored 4.5 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Portland State covered the spread four times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- Portland State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Vikings games averaged 4.8 more points (139.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Vikings’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 62.4, 6.2 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Montana vs. Portland State Betting Trends
- Montana has covered the spread 12 times in 14 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Grizzlies are 6-2 against the spread.
- Games involving Montana have hit the over eight times out of 14 chances this season.
- The 73.7 points per game the Grizzlies score are 5.5 more points than the Vikings allow (68.2).
- Montana has a 4-2-1 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall when scoring more than 68.2 points.
- Portland State has covered the spread five times over 11 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Vikings have an ATS record of 5-2.
- Portland State’s games have gone over the total three times out of 11 chances this year.
- The Vikings score 5.4 more points per game (68.6) than the Grizzlies allow their opponents to score (63.2).
- Portland State has put together a 4-1 ATS record and a 3-4 overall record in games it scores more than 63.2 points.
Montana vs. Portland State Over/Under Trends
- This season, seven of Montana’s 14 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 135 points.
- There have been six Portland State games that have finished with a combined score over 135 points this season.
- The Grizzlies average 73.7 points per game against the Vikings’ 68.6, amounting to 7.3 points over the matchup’s point total of 135.
- The 131.4 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.6 fewer than the 135 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Grizzlies games is 134.5 points, 0.5 fewer than the over/under of 135 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.9 points separates the average total points bet in Vikings’ games (139.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (135 points).
Montana Team Leaders
- Josh Bannan: 12.4 PTS, 8.2 REB, 47.3 FG%, 41 3PT% (16-for-39)
- Cameron Parker: 8.6 PTS, 5.9 AST, 55.1 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (5-for-14)
- Robby Beasley III: 11.2 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (36-for-94)
- Derrick Carter-Hollinger: 7.8 PTS, 52 FG%, 50 3PT% (16-for-32)
- Brandon Whitney: 9.4 PTS, 48.5 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (5-for-18)
Portland State Team Leaders
- Khalid Thomas: 10 PTS, 1.7 STL, 37.3 FG%, 23.9 3PT% (16-for-67)
- James Jean-Marie: 12.6 PTS, 9.2 REB, 49.5 FG%, 40 3PT% (4-for-10)
- Ezekiel Alley: 7.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.8 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (11-for-37)
- Marlon Ruffin: 11.7 PTS, 38.8 FG%, 24.3 3PT% (9-for-37)
- Michael Carter III: 9.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 33.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (11-for-33)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.