The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (8-7, 3-2 Sun Belt) are slightly favored (by 2.5 points) to continue a three-game home win streak when they host the South Alabama Jaguars (12-5, 2-2 Sun Belt) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 145.5.
Louisiana vs. South Alabama Predictions
Louisiana vs. South Alabama Betting Odds
Louisiana vs. South Alabama Last 10 Games
- Louisiana is 4-6 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Louisiana’s past 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- The last 10 Ragin’ Cajuns games averaged 141.5 total points, four fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Ragin’ Cajuns have a points-per-game average 0.3 points above their season-long scoring average.
- South Alabama has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- South Alabama’s last 10 contests saw eight hit the over.
- The past 10 Jaguars games averaged 10.3 fewer points (135.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Jaguars have scored 1.5 fewer points per contest compared to their 74.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
Louisiana vs. South Alabama Betting Trends
- Louisiana is 10-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have an ATS record of 4-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Louisiana games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns record 7.6 more points per game (71.5) than the Jaguars allow (63.9).
- When Louisiana puts up more than 63.9 points, it is 7-3-1 against the spread and 8-5 overall.
- South Alabama has put together a record of 7-6-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Jaguars have an ATS record of 2-1.
- South Alabama’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 13 chances this year.
- The Jaguars’ 74.9 points per game are 5.4 more points than the 69.5 the Ragin’ Cajuns give up.
- South Alabama is 4-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall when it scores more than 69.5 points.
Louisiana vs. South Alabama Over/Under Trends
- Six Louisiana games this season have gone over Thursday’s total of 145.5 points.
- This season, South Alabama has played just two games with a combined score over 145.5 points.
- The total for the matchup of 145.5 is 0.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Ragin’ Cajuns (71.5 points per game) and the Jaguars (74.9 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 133.4 points per game, 12.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have seen a 142.2 average over/under in their games this season, 3.3 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.8 points more than the average over/under in Jaguars’ games this season (136.7 points).
Louisiana Team Leaders
- Jordan Brown: 14.6 PTS, 9.1 REB, 1.5 BLK, 47.4 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (5-for-14)
- Kobe Julien: 11.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.5 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (24-for-66)
- Theo Akwuba: 10.4 PTS, 8.8 REB, 1.6 BLK, 52.9 FG%
- Doudou Gueye: 5.9 PTS, 39.2 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (4-for-18)
- Greg Williams Jr.: 7.5 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 31 3PT% (13-for-42)
South Alabama Team Leaders
- Charles Manning Jr.: 17.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 1.1 BLK, 44.5 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (16-for-58)
- Jay Jay Chandler: 15.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.2 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (23-for-67)
- Javon Franklin: 11.8 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.2 BLK, 69 FG%
- Alex Anderson: 8.8 PTS, 54.7 FG%
- Kayo Goncalves: 7.5 PTS, 34.7 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (37-for-108)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.