The UNC Wilmington Seahawks (9-5, 3-0 CAA) are underdogs (+7.5) for an attempt to build on a six-game win streak when they visit the James Madison Dukes (11-4, 2-2 CAA) at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at Atlantic Union Bank Center. The matchup has an over/under of 143.5 points.
JMU vs. UNC Wilmington Predictions
JMU vs. UNC Wilmington Betting Odds
JMU vs. UNC Wilmington Last 10 Games
- JMU covered the spread seven times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- JMU’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Dukes games averaged 1.4 fewer points (142.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Dukes have scored 4.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- UNC Wilmington is 6-4 overall and 5-4-1 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- UNC Wilmington’s past 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The last 10 Seahawks games averaged 136.5 total points, seven fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Seahawks have scored 2.5 fewer points per contest compared to their 68.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
JMU vs. UNC Wilmington Betting Trends
- JMU has covered the spread nine times in 13 games with a set spread.
- The Dukes have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- JMU games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Dukes put up 78.3 points per game, 11.4 more points than the 66.9 the Seahawks give up.
- JMU has a 6-4 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall when scoring more than 66.9 points.
- UNC Wilmington has covered the spread six times over 11 games with a set spread.
- The Seahawks are winless against the spread when they have played as 7.5-point underdogs or more (0-0-1).
- UNC Wilmington games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times out of 11 chances this year.
- The Seahawks’ 68.3 points per game are only 0.4 fewer points than the 68.7 the Dukes allow.
- UNC Wilmington is 3-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it scores more than 68.7 points.
JMU vs. UNC Wilmington Over/Under Trends
- JMU and its opponents have combined to go over Thursday’s total of 143.5 points seven times this season.
- This season, just two UNC Wilmington games have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 143.5.
- The over/under for the contest of 143.5 is 3.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Dukes (78.3 points per game) and the Seahawks (68.3 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 7.9 fewer points than the 135.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Dukes have seen a 143.9 over/under in their games this season, 0.4 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Seahawks games have an over/under of 137.5 points this season, six points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
JMU Team Leaders
- Takal Molson: 12.3 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43.1 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (14-for-45)
- Vado Morse: 12.9 PTS, 1.6 STL, 35.4 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (30-for-96)
- Justin Amadi: 9.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 64.7 FG%
- Charles Falden: 10.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.5 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (30-for-66)
- Julien Wooden: 8.3 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 24.4 3PT% (10-for-41)
UNC Wilmington Team Leaders
- Jaylen Sims: 13.8 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (20-for-63)
- Mike Okauru: 11.6 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43.6 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (23-for-68)
- Shykeim Phillips: 10.5 PTS, 1.4 STL, 48.3 FG%, 63.6 3PT% (7-for-11)
- Trazarien White: 7.7 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 24 3PT% (6-for-25)
- James Baker: 6.5 PTS, 52.9 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (2-for-11)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.