The Georgia State Panthers (6-7, 0-2 Sun Belt) will try to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Appalachian State Mountaineers (10-9, 4-2 Sun Belt) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at GSU Sports Arena as 4.5-point favorites. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 134.5 in the matchup.
Georgia State vs. Appalachian State Predictions
Georgia State vs. Appalachian State Betting Odds
|Georgia State||-4.5||134.5 points|
Georgia State vs. Appalachian State Last 10 Games
- Georgia State has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Georgia State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Panthers games averaged 9.6 more points (144.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Panthers’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 4.8 points lower than their season-long average.
- Appalachian State covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Appalachian State and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Mountaineers games averaged 134.2 total points, 0.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Mountaineers have scored 2.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 67.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Georgia State vs. Appalachian State Betting Trends
- Georgia State is 7-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- This season, Georgia State’s games have hit the over four times out of 10 chances.
- The 73.6 points per game the Panthers average are 10.0 more points than the Mountaineers give up (63.6).
- Georgia State is 2-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall when scoring more than 63.6 points.
- Appalachian State has compiled a 9-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers have an ATS record of 5-2 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Appalachian State’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 17 chances this year.
- The Mountaineers’ 67.7 points per game are only 1.1 fewer points than the 68.8 the Panthers allow.
- When it scores more than 68.8 points, Appalachian State is 4-1 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
Georgia State vs. Appalachian State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Georgia State games have hit the over on this game’s 134.5-point over/under seven times.
- In Appalachian State’s 17 games this season, seven have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s over/under of 134.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 141.3 points per game, 6.8 points more than the total of 134.5 for this game.
- This matchup’s total is 2.1 fewer points than the 132.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Panthers games is 144.1 points, 9.6 more than the over/under of 134.5 points for this contest.
- Mountaineers games have an over/under of 132.6 points this season, 1.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Georgia State Team Leaders
- Kane Williams: 12.5 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41.5 FG%, 24.2 3PT% (8-for-33)
- Corey Allen: 15.3 PTS, 1.9 STL, 37.5 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (31-for-81)
- Jalen Thomas: 6.5 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.8 BLK, 38.9 FG%
- Justin Roberts: 12.9 PTS, 44.5 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (23-for-54)
- Nelson Phillips: 10.3 PTS, 1.9 STL, 51.8 FG%, 45.7 3PT% (21-for-46)
Appalachian State Team Leaders
- Adrian Delph: 16.5 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 39 3PT% (53-for-136)
- Donovan Gregory: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 53.5 FG%
- Michael Almonacy: 9.5 PTS, 32.7 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (30-for-106)
- James Lewis: 6.5 PTS, 55.1 FG%
- Justin Forrest: 8.8 PTS, 28.5 FG%, 22 3PT% (18-for-82)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.