The BYU Cougars (15-4, 3-1 WCC) are heavy favorites (-16) as they attempt to continue a 10-game home winning streak when they take on the San Diego Toreros (10-7, 3-1 WCC) on Thursday, January 20, 2022 at Marriott Center. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The point total is 134 for the matchup.
BYU vs. San Diego Predictions
BYU vs. San Diego Betting Odds
BYU vs. San Diego Last 10 Games
- BYU is 7-3 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- BYU’s last 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The Cougars’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 139.0 points scored. That’s 5.0 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cougars’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 1.2 points lower than their season-long average.
- San Diego covered the spread four times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 San Diego games have gone over the set total three times.
- The Toreros’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 133.5 points scored. That’s 0.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Toreros have scored 4.7 fewer points per contest compared to their 67.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
BYU vs. San Diego Betting Trends
- BYU has covered the spread 10 times in 17 games with a set spread.
- The Cougars have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 16-point favorites.
- This season, eight of BYU’s games have gone over the point total out of 17 chances.
- The Cougars record 11.0 more points per game (73.5) than the Toreros allow (62.5).
- BYU has an 8-7 record against the spread and a 13-4 record overall when putting up more than 62.5 points.
- San Diego has gone 8-8-0 against the spread this year.
- The Toreros have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 16-point underdogs.
- San Diego’s games have gone over the total five times out of 16 chances this year.
- The Toreros score just 2.7 more points per game (67.5) than the Cougars allow (64.8).
- San Diego has put together a 7-3 ATS record and an 8-3 overall record in games it scores more than 64.8 points.
BYU vs. San Diego Over/Under Trends
- This season, 11 of BYU’s 17 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 134 points.
- This season, nine games San Diego played finished with a combined score higher than 134 points.
- The Cougars average 73.5 points per game against the Toreros’ 67.5, totaling 7.0 points over the game’s over/under of 134.
- This matchup’s total is 6.7 fewer points than the 127.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Cougars games is 139.2 points, 5.2 more than the over/under of 134 points for this contest.
- A difference of 1.2 points separates the average total points bet in Toreros’ games (135.2 points) and this game’s over/under (134 points).
BYU Team Leaders
- Alex Barcello: 16.8 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 47.6 3PT% (49-for-103)
- Fousseyni Traore: 8.1 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.4 BLK, 52.4 FG%
- Te’Jon Lucas: 10.2 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 34 3PT% (18-for-53)
- Caleb Lohner: 7 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 14.8 3PT% (4-for-27)
- Gideon George: 6.9 PTS, 36 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (18-for-56)
San Diego Team Leaders
- Marcellus Earlington: 13.8 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (25-for-68)
- Terrell Brown: 7.7 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 47.7 FG%
- Joey Calcaterra: 8.5 PTS, 40 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (19-for-56)
- Wayne McKinney III: 5.7 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (11-for-31)
- Bryce Monroe: 6.5 PTS, 34.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (9-for-27)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.