The Virginia Cavaliers (10-7, 4-3 ACC) hit the road in ACC play against the Pittsburgh Panthers (7-10, 2-4 ACC) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The Cavaliers are 3.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup has a point total of 116.
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh Predictions
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh Betting Odds
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh Last 10 Games
- Virginia is 2-8-0 against the spread and 5-5 overall during its last 10 games.
- The final score of the last 10 Virginia games has exceeded the set total four times.
- The last 10 Cavaliers games averaged 124.1 total points, 8.1 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Cavaliers’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 1.5 points lower than their season-long average.
- Pittsburgh is 5-5 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Panthers games averaged 14.3 more points (130.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Panthers’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 63.6, 1.1 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh Betting Trends
- Virginia is 5-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cavaliers are only 2-7 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- This season, Virginia’s games have hit the over six times.
- The Cavaliers record 62.2 points per game, just 2.7 fewer points than the 64.9 the Panthers allow.
- Virginia has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when putting up more than 64.9 points.
- Pittsburgh has covered the spread 12 times over 17 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 3.5 points or more so far this year, the Panthers have gone 7-1 against the spread.
- Games involving Pittsburgh have hit the over seven times this year.
- The Panthers put up an average of 62.5 points per game, only 3.9 more points than the 58.6 the Cavaliers give up to opponents.
- Pittsburgh has put together an 8-5 ATS record and a 7-6 overall record in games it scores more than 58.6 points.
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh Over/Under Trends
- Virginia and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total (116 points) 11 times this season.
- There have been 13 Pittsburgh games that have ended with a combined score higher than 116 points this season.
- The Cavaliers average 62.2 points per game against the Panthers’ 62.5, amounting to 8.7 points over the contest’s point total of 116.
- The 123.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 7.5 more than the 116 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Cavaliers games is 124.6 points, 8.6 more than the over/under of 116 points for this contest.
- Panthers’ games have a total points bet of 132.4 points this season, 16.4 points more than the over/under for this game.
Virginia Team Leaders
- Jayden Gardner: 14 PTS, 7.2 REB, 52.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (3-for-9)
- Reece Beekman: 7.5 PTS, 2.3 STL, 41.1 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (8-for-31)
- Armaan Franklin: 12.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43 FG%, 24.4 3PT% (22-for-90)
- Kihei Clark: 9.2 PTS, 40 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (27-for-69)
- Kadin Shedrick: 5.8 PTS, 2.7 BLK, 55.7 FG%
Pittsburgh Team Leaders
- John Hugley: 15.4 PTS, 8.1 REB, 46 FG%, 17.4 3PT% (4-for-23)
- Mouhamadou Gueye: 8.6 PTS, 1.7 BLK, 42.3 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (19-for-53)
- Femi Odukale: 11.9 PTS, 37.5 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (15-for-47)
- Jamarius Burton: 12.2 PTS, 38.9 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
- William Jeffress Jr.: 4.8 PTS, 30.4 FG%, 20 3PT% (8-for-40)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.