A pair of hot teams meet when the No. 11 Villanova Wildcats (13-4, 6-1 Big East) host the Marquette Golden Eagles (12-6, 4-3 Big East) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The Golden Eagles are 12.5-point underdogs and will attempt to keep their six-game win streak allive against the Wildcats, winners of six straight. The matchup’s over/under is set at 139.5.
Villanova vs. Marquette Predictions
Villanova vs. Marquette Betting Odds
Villanova vs. Marquette Last 10 Games
- Villanova covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Villanova’s last 10 outings saw three hit the over.
- The Wildcats’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 136.2 points scored. That’s 3.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Wildcats are scoring 4.6 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Marquette has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Marquette and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Golden Eagles games averaged 6.2 more points (145.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Golden Eagles are scoring 74.6 points per game compared to their 75.2 season average.
Villanova vs. Marquette Betting Trends
- Villanova has covered the spread in a matchup 12 times this season (12-4-0).
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 4-2 when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- This season, Villanova’s games have hit the over seven times out of 16 chances.
- The Wildcats record 73.1 points per game, only 2.8 more points than the 70.3 the Golden Eagles give up.
- When Villanova scores more than 70.3 points, it is 8-4 against the spread and 11-2 overall.
- Marquette has covered the spread 10 times this year (10-7-1).
- Games involving Marquette have hit the over 10 times this year.
- The Golden Eagles’ 75.2 points per game are 14.8 more points than the 60.4 the Wildcats allow.
- When it scores more than 60.4 points, Marquette is 10-6 against the spread and 12-4 overall.
Villanova vs. Marquette Over/Under Trends
- This season, Villanova games have gone over this game’s 139.5-point total five times.
- There have been 13 Marquette games that have ended with a combined score higher than 139.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 139.5 is 8.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Wildcats (73.1 points per game) and the Golden Eagles (75.2 points per game).
- This game’s total is 8.8 fewer points than the 130.7 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Wildcats have seen a 137.2 average over/under in their games this season, 2.3 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 3.5 points separates the average total points bet in Golden Eagles’ games (143 points) and this game’s over/under (139.5 points).
Villanova Team Leaders
- Justin Moore: 15.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.7 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (38-for-97)
- Collin Gillespie: 17.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 46.2 FG%, 41 3PT% (55-for-134)
- Jermaine Samuels: 10.3 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (13-for-49)
- Eric Dixon: 9 PTS, 49.1 FG%, 57.1 3PT% (8-for-14)
- Brandon Slater: 9.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.2 FG%, 32 3PT% (16-for-50)
Marquette Team Leaders
- Justin Lewis: 15.3 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.2 STL, 42.5 FG%, 27.2 3PT% (22-for-81)
- Tyler Kolek: 6.6 PTS, 6.4 AST, 1.8 STL, 30.3 FG%, 23 3PT% (17-for-74)
- Darryl Morsell: 13.1 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (28-for-71)
- Kur Kuath: 5.7 PTS, 2.9 BLK, 66.7 FG%
- Oso Ighodaro: 6.7 PTS, 77.9 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.