The Southern Illinois Salukis (9-8, 2-3 MVC) are favored (-4.5) to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Indiana State Sycamores (8-8, 1-3 MVC) at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at SIU Arena. The matchup has an over/under of 135.5.
Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State Predictions
Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State Betting Odds
|Southern Illinois||-4.5||135.5 points|
Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State Last 10 Games
- Southern Illinois has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Southern Illinois and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Salukis games averaged 128.8 total points, 6.7 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Salukis have scored 0.9 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Indiana State is 3-7 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Indiana State games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The Sycamores’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 143.4 points scored. That’s 7.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Sycamores’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 69.5, 5.0 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State Betting Trends
- Southern Illinois has compiled a 12-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 4.5 points or more so far this season, the Salukis went 3-3 against the spread.
- This season, seven of Southern Illinois’ games have gone over the point total out of 22 chances.
- The 65.4 points per game the Salukis put up are 5.2 fewer points than the Sycamores allow (70.6).
- Southern Illinois has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall when scoring more than 70.6 points.
- Indiana State has compiled a 12-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Sycamores have an ATS record of 8-1.
- Indiana State’s games have gone over the total 11 times out of 15 chances this season.
- The Sycamores put up an average of 74.5 points per game, 13.3 more points than the 61.2 the Salukis give up to opponents.
- Indiana State has put together a 7-3 ATS record and an 8-7 overall record in games it scores more than 61.2 points.
Southern Illinois vs. Indiana State Over/Under Trends
- Southern Illinois and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under (135.5 points) three times this season.
- This season, 12 of Indiana State’s games have ended with a score higher than 135.5 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 135.5 is 4.4 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Salukis (65.4 points per game) and the Sycamores (74.5 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 3.7 fewer points than the 131.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Salukis have seen a 129.9 average over/under in their games this season, 5.6 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Sycamores’ games have a total points bet of 141.9 points this season, 6.4 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Southern Illinois Team Leaders
- Marcus Domask: 16.4 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (33-for-83)
- Lance Jones: 13.7 PTS, 1.8 STL, 43.3 FG%, 27.2 3PT% (25-for-92)
- Ben Coupet Jr.: 11.4 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (26-for-71)
- Steven Verplancken Jr.: 7.8 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (33-for-72)
- Dalton Banks: 3.9 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 25 3PT% (6-for-24)
Indiana State Team Leaders
- Cameron Henry: 12.6 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (19-for-56)
- Cooper Neese: 14.3 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (34-for-112)
- Micah Thomas: 12.4 PTS, 45 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (30-for-80)
- Xavier Bledson: 8.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.2 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (7-for-23)
- Julian Larry: 5.7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 47.8 FG%, 25 3PT% (4-for-16)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.