The Rhode Island Rams (10-4, 2-1 A-10) are heavy favorites (-13) as they look to continue a five-game home winning streak when they host the La Salle Explorers (6-8, 1-3 A-10) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at Thomas F. Ryan Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is 138.5.
Rhode Island vs. La Salle Predictions
Rhode Island vs. La Salle Betting Odds
|Rhode Island||-13||138.5 points|
Rhode Island vs. La Salle Last 10 Games
- Rhode Island is 8-2 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Rhode Island and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Rams games averaged 1.5 fewer points (137) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Rams’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 0.9 points higher than their season-long average.
- La Salle has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- La Salle’s past 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The last 10 Explorers games averaged 140.4 total points, 1.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Explorers have scored 1.6 fewer points per contest compared to their 70.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Rhode Island vs. La Salle Betting Trends
- Rhode Island has put together a record of 11-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Rams are winless against the spread when they have played as 13-point favorites or more (0-1).
- This season, seven of Rhode Island’s games have gone over the point total out of 15 chances.
- The Rams average 71.9 points per game, just 0.4 fewer points than the 72.3 the Explorers give up.
- When Rhode Island puts up more than 72.3 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- La Salle has covered the spread six times over 14 games with a set spread.
- The Explorers have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 13-point underdogs.
- This year, seven of La Salle’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Explorers put up 6.6 more points per game (70.2) than the Rams give up (63.6).
- La Salle is 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it scores more than 63.6 points.
Rhode Island vs. La Salle Over/Under Trends
- Rhode Island and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total (138.5 points) seven times this season.
- This season, nine games La Salle played finished with a combined score over 138.5 points.
- The Rams average 71.9 points per game against the Explorers’ 70.2, amounting to 3.6 points over the contest’s over/under of 138.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 135.9 points per game, 2.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Rams games is 0.9 points fewer than the over/under of 138.5 points in this contest.
- Explorers’ games have a total points bet of 141.3 points this season, 2.8 points more than the over/under for this game.
Rhode Island Team Leaders
- Makhel Mitchell: 12.5 PTS, 3 BLK, 60.6 FG%
- Jeremy Sheppard: 12.7 PTS, 1.8 STL, 40.8 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (26-for-64)
- Makhi Mitchell: 9.5 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 57.8 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Antwan Walker: 8.5 PTS, 68.2 FG%, 62.5 3PT% (10-for-16)
- Malik Martin: 7.5 PTS, 48.5 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (6-for-22)
La Salle Team Leaders
- Clifton Moore: 11.9 PTS, 2.7 BLK, 50 FG%, 15 3PT% (3-for-20)
- Anwar Gill: 5.5 PTS, 1.6 STL, 47 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Jack Clark: 9.4 PTS, 36.6 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (19-for-60)
- Christian Ray: 4.9 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 20 3PT% (5-for-25)
- Josh Nickelberry: 11.9 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 36 3PT% (32-for-89)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.