The Illinois State Redbirds (9-8, 2-2 MVC) visit the Missouri State Bears (13-6, 4-2 MVC) after losing three road games in a row. The Bears are heavy favorites by 11 points in the contest, which begins at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 19, 2022. The over/under in the matchup is set at 149.5.
Missouri State vs. Illinois State Predictions
Missouri State vs. Illinois State Betting Odds
|Missouri State||-11||149.5 points|
Missouri State vs. Illinois State Last 10 Games
- Missouri State is 8-2 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Missouri State’s past 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- The last 10 Bears games averaged 140.8 total points, 8.7 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Bears are scoring 2.6 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Illinois State is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Illinois State’s past 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Redbirds games averaged 5.6 fewer points (143.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Redbirds’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 78, 1.6 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Missouri State vs. Illinois State Betting Trends
- Missouri State has covered the spread 13 times over 20 games with a set spread.
- The Bears are 4-3 ATS when playing as at least 11-point favorites.
- Missouri State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 21 chances this season.
- The Bears put up just one more point per game (78.6) than the Redbirds allow (77.6).
- Missouri State is 3-4 against the spread and 6-2 overall when scoring more than 77.6 points.
- Illinois State has covered the spread 11 times over 16 games with a set spread.
- The Redbirds are a perfect 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 11-point underdogs.
- This year, 11 of Illinois State’s games have gone over the point total out of 16 chances.
- The Redbirds score an average of 79.6 points per game, 11.9 more points than the 67.7 the Bears allow to opponents.
- Illinois State is 8-4-1 against the spread and 9-6 overall when it scores more than 67.7 points.
Missouri State vs. Illinois State Over/Under Trends
- Nine Missouri State games this season have gone over Wednesday’s total of 149.5 points.
- This season, 10 of Illinois State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 149.5 points.
- The Bears average 78.6 points per game against the Redbirds’ 79.6, amounting to 8.7 points over the contest’s point total of 149.5.
- The 145.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 4.2 fewer than the 149.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Bears games is 142.4 points, 7.1 fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 6.1 points separates this contest’s over/under (149.5 points) and the average total points bet in Redbirds’ games (143.4 points) this season.
Missouri State Team Leaders
- Isiaih Mosley: 20 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.9 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (43-for-95)
- Gaige Prim: 13.7 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.2 BLK, 56.5 FG%, 30 3PT% (3-for-10)
- Donovan Clay: 7.9 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (8-for-26)
- Ja’Monta Black: 10.4 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (52-for-129)
- Jaylen Minnett: 10.2 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 45.1 3PT% (46-for-102)
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 21.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.5 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (50-for-117)
- Sy Chatman: 14.9 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 56.4 FG%
- Josiah Strong: 12.7 PTS, 46 FG%, 47.1 3PT% (49-for-104)
- Kendall Lewis: 9.8 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 51.9 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (15-for-35)
- Mark Freeman: 8.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.7 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (10-for-29)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.