The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (10-6, 4-2 Big Ten) host the Iowa Hawkeyes (13-4, 3-3 Big Ten) after winning six home games in a row. The Hawkeyes are favored by just 2.5 points in the contest, which starts at 8:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 19, 2022. The over/under is set at 151 for the matchup.
Iowa vs. Rutgers Predictions
Iowa vs. Rutgers Betting Odds
Iowa vs. Rutgers Last 10 Games
- Iowa is 6-4 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Iowa’s last 10 outings saw eight go over the total.
- The past 10 Hawkeyes games averaged 1.7 more points (152.7) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Hawkeyes are scoring 5.5 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Rutgers is 5-4 overall and 3-5-1 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Rutgers games have gone over the set total six times.
- The last 10 Scarlet Knights games averaged 135.2 total points, 15.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Scarlet Knights have scored 3.0 fewer points per contest compared to their 69.0 PPG season-long scoring average.
Iowa vs. Rutgers Betting Trends
- Iowa has covered the spread in a matchup 12 times this season (12-5-0).
- The Hawkeyes have an ATS record of 9-5 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- This season, Iowa’s games have hit the over 14 times.
- The Hawkeyes score 86.2 points per game, 21.1 more points than the 65.1 the Scarlet Knights give up.
- Iowa has an 11-5 record against the spread and a 13-3 record overall when scoring more than 65.1 points.
- Rutgers is 3-5-1 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Scarlet Knights have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This year, six of Rutgers’ games have gone over the point total out of nine chances.
- The Scarlet Knights put up an average of 69.0 points per game, just 2.7 fewer points than the 71.7 the Hawkeyes give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 71.7 points, Rutgers is 1-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
Iowa vs. Rutgers Over/Under Trends
- A total of 12 Iowa games this season have gone over Wednesday’s total of 151 points.
- This season, just one Rutgers game has finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s total of 151.
- Together, the two teams combine for 155.2 points per game, 4.2 points more than the total of 151 for this contest.
- This matchup’s over/under is 14.2 fewer points than the 136.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Hawkeyes games is 1.2 points fewer than the over/under of 151 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 15.8 points more than the average over/under in Scarlet Knights’ games this season (135.2 points).
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 23.9 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.5 STL, 2.1 BLK, 59.7 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (25-for-69)
- Kris Murray: 9.7 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 51.6 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (20-for-48)
- Patrick McCaffery: 9.5 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 31.0 3PT% (13-for-42)
- Filip Rebraca: 6.1 PTS, 58.1 FG%
- Jordan Bohannon: 10.9 PTS, 39.0 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (38-for-102)
Rutgers Team Leaders
- Ron Harper Jr.: 16.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.0 FG%, 47.0 3PT% (39-for-83)
- Clifford Omoruyi: 11.3 PTS, 7.7 REB, 60.6 FG%
- Paul Mulcahy: 7.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 37.8 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (12-for-37)
- Caleb McConnell: 6.9 PTS, 2.1 STL, 36.9 FG%, 24.0 3PT% (6-for-25)
- Geo Baker: 9.6 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (21-for-66)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.