The Western Carolina Catamounts (8-10, 2-3 SoCon) are heavy underdogs (+16) as they attempt to break a four-game road losing streak when they visit the Furman Paladins (12-7, 4-2 SoCon) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at Timmons Arena. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 152.5 for the matchup.
Furman vs. Western Carolina Predictions
Furman vs. Western Carolina Betting Odds
Furman vs. Western Carolina Last 10 Games
- Furman has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Furman games has exceeded the set total three times.
- The past 10 Paladins games averaged 10.4 fewer points (142.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Paladins have a points-per-game average 6.7 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Western Carolina is 4-6 overall and 9-1-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Western Carolina and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Catamounts games averaged 3.5 fewer points (149.0) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Catamounts’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 74.2, 1.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Furman vs. Western Carolina Betting Trends
- Furman has covered the spread 11 times over 18 games with a set spread.
- The Paladins have not covered the spread when they are at least 16-point favorites (0-1).
- This season, 10 of Furman’s games have gone over the point total out of 18 chances.
- The Paladins average just 0.9 fewer points per game (77.6) than the Catamounts allow (78.5).
- Furman has a 4-3-1 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall when putting up more than 78.5 points.
- Western Carolina is 15-3-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 16-point underdogs or more, the Catamounts have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Western Carolina games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 19 chances this season.
- The Catamounts average just 4.4 more points per game (75.3) than the Paladins allow their opponents to score (70.9).
- When it scores more than 70.9 points, Western Carolina is 7-5 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
Furman vs. Western Carolina Over/Under Trends
- Four Furman games this season have gone over Wednesday’s total of 152.5 points.
- There have been nine Western Carolina games that have finished with a combined score higher than 152.5 points this season.
- The Paladins average 77.6 points per game against the Catamounts’ 75.3, totaling 0.4 points over the game’s point total of 152.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 149.4 points per game, 3.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Paladins games is 8.2 points fewer than the over/under of 152.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 4.1 points more than the average over/under in Catamounts’ games this season (148.4 points).
Furman Team Leaders
- Jalen Slawson: 15.6 PTS, 7.5 REB, 2.1 STL, 1.8 BLK, 50.0 FG%, 27.5 3PT% (19-for-69)
- Mike Bothwell: 15.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.8 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (32-for-90)
- Alex Hunter: 15.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.8 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (69-for-161)
- Conley Garrison: 9.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 49.6 FG%, 47.1 3PT% (40-for-85)
- Marcus Foster: 7.6 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (11-for-37)
Western Carolina Team Leaders
- Nick Robinson: 15.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.9 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (40-for-115)
- Vonterius Woolbright: 10.3 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (6-for-19)
- Travion McCray: 10.3 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (20-for-59)
- Joe Petrakis: 7.9 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (28-for-83)
- Tyler Harris: 7.2 PTS, 36.5 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (22-for-67)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.