SEC foes square off when the Florida Gators (10-6, 1-3 SEC) host the Mississippi State Bulldogs (12-4, 3-1 SEC) at Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, starting at 6:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 19, 2022. The Bulldogs are 4.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 139.5 points.
Florida vs. Mississippi State Predictions
Florida vs. Mississippi State Betting Odds
Florida vs. Mississippi State Last 10 Games
- Florida is 5-5 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Florida’s last 10 games saw five hit the over.
- The last 10 Gators games averaged 138.1 total points, 1.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Gators have scored 2.6 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Mississippi State has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Mississippi State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 139.2 total points, 0.3 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 76.5 points per game compared to their 75.6 season average.
Florida vs. Mississippi State Betting Trends
- Florida has covered the spread eight times over 16 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 4.5 points or more, the Gators have gone 6-4 against the spread.
- Games involving Florida have hit the over seven times this season.
- The Gators put up 72.5 points per game, 7.8 more points than the 64.7 the Bulldogs allow.
- When Florida totals more than 64.7 points, it is 8-6 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
- Mississippi State has covered the spread 10 times this season (10-6-0).
- Games involving Mississippi State have hit the over nine times this season.
- The Bulldogs score an average of 75.6 points per game, 12.2 more points than the 63.4 the Gators give up to opponents.
- Mississippi State is 9-5 against the spread and 12-2 overall when it scores more than 63.4 points.
Florida vs. Mississippi State Over/Under Trends
- Florida and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 139.5 points six times this season.
- Eight of Mississippi State’s games finished with a combined score higher than 139.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 148.1 points per game, 8.6 points more than the total of 139.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s total is 11.4 fewer points than the 128.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Gators games is 137.8 points, 1.7 fewer than the over/under of 139.5 points for this contest.
- Bulldogs games have an over/under of 138.2 points this season, 1.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Florida Team Leaders
- Colin Castleton: 15.4 PTS, 9.1 REB, 2.8 BLK, 53.6 FG%
- Phlandrous Fleming Jr.: 10.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.6 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (19-for-52)
- Anthony Duruji: 8.9 PTS, 57.9 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (12-for-30)
- Tyree Appleby: 9.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 35.8 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (20-for-69)
- Myreon Jones: 9.0 PTS, 1.5 STL, 34.7 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (29-for-96)
Mississippi State Team Leaders
- Iverson Molinar: 17.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.6 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (19-for-63)
- Garrison Brooks: 11.1 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (12-for-38)
- Shakeel Moore: 10.8 PTS, 2.1 STL, 42.8 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (26-for-73)
- D.J. Jeffries: 10.4 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (19-for-59)
- Cameron Matthews: 4.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 70.6 FG%, 50.0 3PT% (3-for-6)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.