The Mercer Bears (11-7, 4-1 SoCon) will look to extend a three-game win streak when they hit the road to take on the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (11-8, 3-3 SoCon) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at Freedom Hall Civic Center as 3.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is 144.5.
East Tennessee State vs. Mercer Predictions
East Tennessee State vs. Mercer Betting Odds
|East Tennessee State||-3.5||144.5 points|
East Tennessee State vs. Mercer Last 10 Games
- East Tennessee State is 6-4 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- East Tennessee State and its opponents have hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Buccaneers games averaged 2.6 fewer points (141.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Buccaneers have a points-per-game average 1.9 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Mercer covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Mercer games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The past 10 Bears games averaged 3.9 fewer points (140.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Bears have a 72.9 points-per-game average, 0.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
East Tennessee State vs. Mercer Betting Trends
- East Tennessee State has covered the spread in a game 10 times this season (10-8-0).
- The Buccaneers have an ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Games involving East Tennessee State have hit the over 12 times this season.
- The 71.3 points per game the Buccaneers score are just 0.6 more points than the Bears allow (70.7).
- When East Tennessee State scores more than 70.7 points, it is 5-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- Mercer has covered the spread 10 times this season (10-6-0).
- In games this year when an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Bears are 4-0 against the spread.
- Mercer games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 10 times out of 16 chances this year.
- The Bears’ 72.7 points per game are only 0.6 more points than the 72.1 the Buccaneers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 72.1 points, Mercer is 6-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
East Tennessee State vs. Mercer Over/Under Trends
- This season, East Tennessee State games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 144.5-point total 10 times.
- There have been seven Mercer games that have ended with a combined score over 144.5 points this season.
- The Buccaneers average 71.3 points per game against the Bears’ 72.7, totaling 0.5 points under the game’s point total of 144.5.
- The 142.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 1.7 fewer than the 144.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Buccaneers games is 3.7 points fewer than the over/under of 144.5 points in this contest.
- Bears games have an over/under of 141.5 points this season, three points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
East Tennessee State Team Leaders
- David Sloan: 12.7 PTS, 1.8 STL, 42.6 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (39-for-93)
- Ledarrius Brewer: 12.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.1 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (35-for-100)
- Ty Brewer: 10.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42.5 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (17-for-60)
- Jordan King: 12.4 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (49-for-117)
- Mohab Yasser: 7.1 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (9-for-31)
Mercer Team Leaders
- Felipe Haase: 15.5 PTS, 1.6 STL, 51.8 FG%, 48.9 3PT% (44-for-90)
- Jalen Johnson: 14.6 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (50-for-110)
- James Glisson III: 10.8 PTS, 48.1 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (18-for-49)
- Kamar Robertson: 8.8 PTS, 1.6 STL, 35.7 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (16-for-62)
- Neftali Alvarez: 12.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.5 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (7-for-30)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.