The Miami Hurricanes (13-4, 5-1 ACC) host the North Carolina Tar Heels (12-4, 4-1 ACC) after winning seven home games in a row. The Tar Heels are favored by only 2.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 159.5.
North Carolina vs. Miami Predictions
North Carolina vs. Miami Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-2.5||159.5 points|
North Carolina vs. Miami Last 10 Games
- North Carolina covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Tar Heels games averaged 145.6 total points, 13.9 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Tar Heels are scoring 2.3 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Miami covered the spread four times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Miami games have gone over the set total six times.
- The past 10 Hurricanes games averaged 15.9 fewer points (143.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Hurricanes have a 78.4 points-per-game average, 2.1 points above their season-long scoring average.
North Carolina vs. Miami Betting Trends
- North Carolina has put together a 9-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Tar Heels are 6-5 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- This season, eight of North Carolina’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Tar Heels put up 79.3 points per game, 6.1 more points than the 73.2 the Hurricanes give up.
- North Carolina is 5-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall when scoring more than 73.2 points.
- Miami has put together a 6-11-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Hurricanes are 3-1 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- This year, Miami’s games have hit the over 11 times.
- The Hurricanes score an average of 76.3 points per game, 6.1 more points than the 70.2 the Tar Heels allow.
- When it scores more than 70.2 points, Miami is 5-6 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
North Carolina vs. Miami Over/Under Trends
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total (159.5 points) five times this season.
- This season, five of Miami’s games have ended with a score higher than 159.5 points.
- The Tar Heels average 79.3 points per game against the Hurricanes’ 76.3, amounting to 3.9 points under the game’s total of 159.5.
- This game’s point total is 16.1 fewer points than the 143.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Tar Heels have seen a 148.8 average over/under in their games this season, 10.7 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 16.9 points more than the average over/under in Hurricanes’ games this season (142.6 points).
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 17.4 PTS, 11.2 REB, 1.4 BLK, 64 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.9 FG%, 45.1 3PT% (37-for-82)
- RJ Davis: 13.4 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (29-for-66)
- Brady Manek: 12.8 PTS, 49.1 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (30-for-82)
- Dawson Garcia: 8.9 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 44 3PT% (11-for-25)
Miami Team Leaders
- Kameron McGusty: 17.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 49.5 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (25-for-68)
- Isaiah Wong: 15.9 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (21-for-71)
- Charlie Moore: 12.8 PTS, 2.1 STL, 46 FG%, 41.6 3PT% (32-for-77)
- Jordan Miller: 9.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 49.6 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (17-for-45)
- Sam Waardenburg: 6.2 PTS, 51.3 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (12-for-31)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.