The Michigan Wolverines (7-7, 1-3 Big Ten) will look to break a three-game win streak when they host the Maryland Terrapins (9-8, 1-5 Big Ten) on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at Crisler Center as 6.5-point favorites. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 136.5 in the matchup.
Michigan vs. Maryland Predictions
Michigan vs. Maryland Betting Odds
Michigan vs. Maryland Last 10 Games
- Michigan is 5-5 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Michigan and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Wolverines games averaged 2.2 more points (138.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Wolverines are scoring 1.2 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Maryland has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Maryland and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Terrapins games averaged 0.8 more points (137.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Terrapins have a 70.7 points-per-game average, 0.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
Michigan vs. Maryland Betting Trends
- Michigan has covered the spread in a matchup six times this season (6-7-0).
- In games this season when favored by 6.5 points or more, the Wolverines are 5-4 against the spread.
- Games involving Michigan have hit the over five times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Wolverines average only 2.4 more points per game (71.4) than the Terrapins give up (69).
- When Michigan totals more than 69 points, it is 5-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Maryland is 6-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Terrapins are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- This year, seven of Maryland’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Terrapins’ 70.9 points per game are just four more points than the 66.9 the Wolverines allow.
- Maryland has put together a 6-5 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record in games it scores more than 66.9 points.
Michigan vs. Maryland Over/Under Trends
- This season, Michigan and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total of 136.5 points six times.
- This season, nine games Maryland played finished with a combined score over 136.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 142.3 points per game, 5.8 points more than the total of 136.5 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 135.9 points per game, 0.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Wolverines games is 140.2 points, 3.7 more than the over/under of 136.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of two points separates the average total points bet in Terrapins’ games (138.5 points) and this matchup’s over/under (136.5 points).
Michigan Team Leaders
- Hunter Dickinson: 16.1 PTS, 8.8 REB, 59.1 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (5-for-17)
- Eli Brooks: 12.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (24-for-66)
- DeVante Jones: 8.2 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (12-for-26)
- Caleb: 9.2 PTS, 35.3 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (20-for-68)
- Moussa Diabate: 8.7 PTS, 58.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (3-for-9)
Maryland Team Leaders
- Eric Ayala: 16 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (44-for-120)
- Fatts Russell: 12.9 PTS, 40 FG%, 29.2 3PT% (14-for-48)
- Donta Scott: 11.9 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (22-for-74)
- Hakim Hart: 10.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 53.2 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (15-for-48)
- Qudus Wahab: 8.4 PTS, 56.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.