The Stony Brook Seawolves (9-6, 1-1 America East) are 4.5-point favorites as they try to build on a six-game home win streak when they host the UMBC Retrievers (6-8, 1-2 America East) on Monday, January 17, 2022 at Island Federal Credit Union Arena. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 153.5 in the matchup.
Stony Brook vs. UMBC Predictions
Stony Brook vs. UMBC Betting Odds
|Stony Brook||-4.5||153.5 points|
Stony Brook vs. UMBC Last 10 Games
- Stony Brook has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Stony Brook’s last 10 contests saw seven hit the over.
- The last 10 Seawolves games averaged 138.7 total points, 14.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Seawolves are scoring 2.6 points more per game compared to their season average.
- UMBC has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- UMBC and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Retrievers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 143.3 points scored. That’s 10.2 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Retrievers are scoring at a rate of 74.4 PPG, equal to their season-long scoring average.
Stony Brook vs. UMBC Betting Trends
- Stony Brook has put together a record of 9-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 4.5 points or more, the Seawolves are 3-3 against the spread.
- Stony Brook’s games have gone over the total nine times out of 13 chances this season.
- The Seawolves put up 72.5 points per game, only 0.1 more points than the 72.4 the Retrievers give up.
- When Stony Brook puts up more than 72.4 points, it is 5-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- UMBC has registered an 8-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games this season when an underdog by 4.5 points or more, the Retrievers have gone 4-1 against the spread.
- UMBC’s games have gone over the total seven times out of 12 chances this season.
- The Retrievers score just 0.1 fewer points per game (74.4) than the Seawolves allow their opponents to score (74.5).
- UMBC has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record in games it scores more than 74.5 points.
Stony Brook vs. UMBC Over/Under Trends
- Five Stony Brook games this season have gone over Monday’s over/under of 153.5 points.
- This season, seven of UMBC’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 153.5 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 153.5 is 6.6 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Seawolves (72.5 points per game) and the Retrievers (74.4 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 146.9 points per game, 6.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Seawolves have seen a 139.6 average over/under in their games this season, 13.9 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Retrievers games have an over/under of 143.5 points this season, 10 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Stony Brook Team Leaders
- Tykei Greene: 11.5 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.5 STL, 51.2 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (17-for-44)
- Jahlil Jenkins: 13.6 PTS, 2.1 STL, 40.3 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (26-for-75)
- Anthony Roberts: 14.3 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (20-for-64)
- Frankie Policelli: 7.8 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (28-for-66)
- Omar Habwe: 5.3 PTS, 51.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (6-for-18)
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 13.8 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
- Darnell Rogers: 11.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (23-for-71)
- L.J. Owens: 10.3 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 49.2 3PT% (30-for-61)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.5 PTS, 53.8 FG%
- Jacob Boonyasith: 6.2 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (21-for-63)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.