The No. 25 Illinois Fighting Illini (13-3, 6-0 Big Ten) host the No. 7 Purdue Boilermakers (14-2, 3-2 Big Ten) after winning three home games in a row. The Fighting Illini are favored by only 1.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 12:00 PM ET on Monday, January 17, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 151.5 points.
Illinois vs. Purdue Predictions
Illinois vs. Purdue Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Purdue Last 10 Games
- Illinois covered the spread eight times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Illinois and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Fighting Illini games averaged 7.3 fewer points (144.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Fighting Illini are scoring 3.2 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Purdue is 9-1 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Purdue games have surpassed the set total six times.
- The past 10 Boilermakers games averaged 6.7 fewer points (144.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Boilermakers have an 84.4 points-per-game average, 1.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
Illinois vs. Purdue Betting Trends
- Illinois has covered the spread nine times over 16 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 1.5 points or more so far this season, the Fighting Illini went 8-6 against the spread.
- Games involving Illinois have hit the over 10 times this season.
- The Fighting Illini average 13.2 more points per game (79.7) than the Boilermakers allow (66.5).
- Illinois is 9-5 against the spread and 13-1 overall when scoring more than 66.5 points.
- Purdue is 8-7-0 against the spread this season.
- Purdue games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 10 times out of 15 chances this season.
- The Boilermakers’ 85.6 points per game are 21.3 more points than the 64.3 the Fighting Illini allow.
- Purdue has put together a 7-7 ATS record and a 14-2 overall record in games it scores more than 64.3 points.
Illinois vs. Purdue Over/Under Trends
- Illinois and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (151.5 points) six times this season.
- There have been eight Purdue games that have ended with a combined score higher than 151.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 165.3 points per game, 13.8 points more than the over/under of 151.5 for this contest.
- The 130.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 20.7 fewer than the 151.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Fighting Illini games is 142.8 points, 8.7 fewer than the over/under of 151.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 5.9 points more than the average over/under in Boilermakers’ games this season (145.6 points).
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 19 PTS, 10.7 REB, 60.2 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 11.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.7 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (35-for-93)
- Alfonso Plummer: 15.9 PTS, 46 FG%, 40 3PT% (46-for-115)
- Coleman Hawkins: 7.3 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (10-for-35)
- Jacob Grandison: 10.9 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 47.8 3PT% (33-for-69)
Purdue Team Leaders
- Trevion Williams: 13.3 PTS, 8.6 REB, 61 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (3-for-7)
- Jaden Ivey: 16.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50 FG%, 43.6 3PT% (34-for-78)
- Zach Edey: 15.4 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.3 BLK, 71.3 FG%
- Sasha Stefanovic: 11.2 PTS, 40.6 FG%, 40 3PT% (40-for-100)
- Caleb Furst: 5.4 PTS, 56.4 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (6-for-16)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.