The Belmont Bruins (12-4, 3-1 OVC) are heavy favorites (-13) as they look to build on a four-game road winning streak when they square off against the SIU-Edwardsville Cougars (7-8, 1-1 OVC) on Monday, January 17, 2022 at Sam M. Vadalabene Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 146.
Belmont vs. SIU-Edwardsville Predictions
Belmont vs. SIU-Edwardsville Betting Odds
Belmont vs. SIU-Edwardsville Last 10 Games
- Belmont covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Belmont’s past 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Bruins games averaged 150.2 total points, 4.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Bruins have scored 1.5 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- SIU-Edwardsville is 6-4 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- SIU-Edwardsville and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 136.5 total points, 9.5 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Cougars are scoring 69.6 points per game compared to their 68.9 season average.
Belmont vs. SIU-Edwardsville Betting Trends
- Belmont has covered the spread nine times in 18 games with a set spread.
- The Bruins have an ATS record of 5-2 when playing as at least 13-point favorites.
- This season, Belmont’s games have hit the over eight times out of 19 chances.
- The Bruins score 79.2 points per game, 13.6 more points than the 65.6 the Cougars give up.
- Belmont is 9-2-1 against the spread and 11-1 overall when scoring more than 65.6 points.
- SIU-Edwardsville is 11-4-0 against the spread this year.
- The Cougars have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 13-point underdogs.
- SIU-Edwardsville’s games have gone over the total six times this season.
- The Cougars’ 68.9 points per game are just 1.3 fewer points than the 70.2 the Bruins give up.
- SIU-Edwardsville has put together a 4-1 ATS record and a 4-2 overall record in games it scores more than 70.2 points.
Belmont vs. SIU-Edwardsville Over/Under Trends
- Belmont and its opponents have combined to outscore Monday’s total (146 points) eight times this season.
- Three of SIU-Edwardsville’s games ended with a combined score higher than 146 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 146 is 2.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bruins (79.2 points per game) and the Cougars (68.9 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 135.8 points per game, 10.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Bruins have seen a 150.1 over/under in their games this season, 4.1 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 8.5 points more than the average over/under in Cougars’ games this season (137.5 points).
Belmont Team Leaders
- Nick Muszynski: 16.3 PTS, 1.8 BLK, 55.7 FG%, 12.5 3PT% (2-for-16)
- Grayson Murphy: 8.3 PTS, 5.6 AST, 2.4 STL, 53.8 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (7-for-29)
- Will Richard: 11.3 PTS, 50 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (22-for-59)
- Ben Sheppard: 15.7 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (37-for-98)
- Luke Smith: 8.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.7 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (29-for-75)
SIU-Edwardsville Team Leaders
- Ray’Sean Taylor: 17.1 PTS, 1.5 STL, 45 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (33-for-94)
- Shaun Doss: 11.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.2 FG%, 25.6 3PT% (10-for-39)
- Shamar Wright: 9.4 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 26.1 3PT% (12-for-46)
- Courtney Carter: 6.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.7 FG%, 25 3PT% (8-for-32)
- Deejuan Pruitt: 9 PTS, 41 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (6-for-22)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.