The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-5, 4-1 ACC) are underdogs (+6.5) for an attempt to extend a six-game winning streak when they visit the Virginia Tech Hokies (8-7, 0-4 ACC) at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Cassell Coliseum. The matchup’s over/under is set at 132.
Virginia Tech vs. Notre Dame Predictions
Virginia Tech vs. Notre Dame Betting Odds
|Virginia Tech||-6.5||132 points|
Virginia Tech vs. Notre Dame Last 10 Games
- Virginia Tech is 4-6 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Hokies games averaged 0.3 more points (132.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Hokies have a points-per-game average 2.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Notre Dame covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Notre Dame and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The Fighting Irish’s past 10 outings have ended with an average of 136.9 points scored. That’s 4.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Fighting Irish are scoring at a rate of 70.9 PPG, equal to their season-long scoring average.
Virginia Tech vs. Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech has put together a 9-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 6.5 points or more, the Hokies are 6-2 against the spread.
- Virginia Tech games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Hokies score 69.3 points per game, only 3.8 more points than the 65.5 the Fighting Irish allow.
- Virginia Tech is 6-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 65.5 points.
- Notre Dame is 8-7-0 against the spread this year.
- This season, seven of Notre Dame’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Fighting Irish’s 70.9 points per game are 12.5 more points than the 58.4 the Hokies give up.
- Notre Dame is 6-7 against the spread and 10-3 overall when it scores more than 58.4 points.
Virginia Tech vs. Notre Dame Over/Under Trends
- This season, Virginia Tech and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 132 points six times.
- This season, eight games Notre Dame played finished with a combined score higher than 132 points.
- The point total for the matchup of 132 is 8.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Hokies (69.3 points per game) and the Fighting Irish (70.9 points per game).
- The 123.9 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 8.1 fewer than the 132 over/under in this contest.
- The Hokies have seen a 133.2 average over/under in their games this season, 1.2 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Fighting Irish’s games have a total points bet of 136.7 points this season, 4.7 points more than the over/under for this game.
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.7 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 24.3 3PT% (9-for-37)
- Justyn Mutts: 9.4 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.3 STL, 51.3 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (8-for-26)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.7 FG%, 44.3 3PT% (35-for-79)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 9.7 PTS, 32.2 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (24-for-71)
- Storm Murphy: 8.7 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (24-for-62)
Notre Dame Team Leaders
- Dane Goodwin: 15.4 PTS, 49.7 FG%, 45.7 3PT% (32-for-70)
- Paul Atkinson: 11.4 PTS, 59.1 FG%
- Blake Wesley: 14.7 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (28-for-83)
- Nate Laszewski: 8.1 PTS, 7.4 REB, 47.4 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (26-for-58)
- Cormac Ryan: 8.4 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (22-for-61)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.