The No. 14 Villanova Wildcats (12-4, 5-1 Big East) are heavily favored (by 15 points) to continue a five-game home winning streak when they host the Butler Bulldogs (9-6, 2-2 Big East) on Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 123.5 for the matchup.
Villanova vs. Butler Predictions
Villanova vs. Butler Betting Odds
Villanova vs. Butler Last 10 Games
- Villanova covered the spread seven times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Two times in those 10 games, the final combined score has exceeded the set total.
- The Wildcats’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 137.7 points scored. That’s 14.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Wildcats are scoring 5.1 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Butler has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Butler games have gone over the set total three times.
- The past 10 Bulldogs games averaged six more points (129.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Bulldogs’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 64.1, 0.1 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Villanova vs. Butler Betting Trends
- Villanova is 11-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats are 3-2 ATS when playing as at least 15-point favorites.
- This season, Villanova’s games have hit the over six times out of 15 chances.
- The Wildcats put up 10.3 more points per game (72.6) than the Bulldogs allow (62.3).
- Villanova is 9-4 against the spread and 12-2 overall when scoring more than 62.3 points.
- Butler has covered the spread 10 times over 14 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 15-point underdogs or more, the Bulldogs have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Butler games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times out of 14 chances this year.
- The Bulldogs put up just 2.5 more points per game (64) than the Wildcats allow (61.5).
- Butler is 4-4 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it scores more than 61.5 points.
Villanova vs. Butler Over/Under Trends
- A total of 11 Villanova games this season have gone over Sunday’s over/under of 123.5 points.
- This season, nine of Butler’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 123.5 points.
- The point total for the matchup of 123.5 is 13.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Wildcats (72.6 points per game) and the Bulldogs (64 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 123.8 points per game, 0.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Wildcats have seen a 138.1 over/under in their games this season, 14.6 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 7.8 points separates the average total points bet in Bulldogs’ games (131.3 points) and this contest’s over/under (123.5 points).
Villanova Team Leaders
- Collin Gillespie: 17.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.8 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (50-for-128)
- Justin Moore: 15.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.5 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (35-for-93)
- Jermaine Samuels: 10.1 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (13-for-49)
- Eric Dixon: 8.7 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 57.1 3PT% (8-for-14)
- Brandon Slater: 9.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.2 FG%, 32 3PT% (16-for-50)
Butler Team Leaders
- Jayden Taylor: 9.9 PTS, 41.1 FG%, 26 3PT% (13-for-50)
- Aaron Thompson: 6.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.9 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (2-for-11)
- Bryce Golden: 10.4 PTS, 62.4 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (9-for-22)
- Jair Bolden: 10.1 PTS, 36.6 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (34-for-95)
- Chuck Harris: 9.4 PTS, 33.8 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (21-for-68)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.