The No. 16 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-4, 4-2 Big Ten) are favored (by 9.5 points) to continue a seven-game home win streak when they host the Penn State Nittany Lions (8-6, 3-3 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 136.5 points.
Ohio State vs. Penn State Predictions
Ohio State vs. Penn State Betting Odds
|Ohio State||-9.5||136.5 points|
Ohio State vs. Penn State Last 10 Games
- Ohio State is 6-4 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final score of the last 10 Ohio State games has surpassed the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Buckeyes games averaged 139.3 total points, 2.8 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Buckeyes’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 0.3 points lower than their season-long average.
- Penn State is 5-5 overall and 8-1-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Penn State’s past 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The Nittany Lions’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 133.1 points scored. That’s 3.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Nittany Lions’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 64.5, 2.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Ohio State vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Ohio State has gone 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 9.5-point favorites or more, the Buckeyes have an ATS record of 1-4.
- Ohio State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 10 times this season.
- The 75.6 points per game the Buckeyes put up are 10.6 more points than the Nittany Lions allow (65).
- Ohio State has a 6-6 record against the spread and a 10-2 record overall when putting up more than 65 points.
- Penn State has covered the spread eight times in 13 games with a set spread.
- The Nittany Lions are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Penn State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this year.
- The Nittany Lions score only 3.2 fewer points per game (67.2) than the Buckeyes allow (70.4).
- When it scores more than 70.4 points, Penn State is 2-3 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
Ohio State vs. Penn State Over/Under Trends
- Ohio State and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under (136.5 points) 10 times this season.
- This season, six of Penn State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 136.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 142.8 points per game, 6.3 points more than the point total of 136.5 for this game.
- These two teams surrender a combined 135.4 points per game, 1.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Buckeyes games is 139.1 points, 2.6 more than the over/under of 136.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 0.9 points separates this contest’s over/under (136.5 points) and the average total points bet in Nittany Lions’ games (135.6 points) this season.
Ohio State Team Leaders
- E.J. Liddell: 19.9 PTS, 7.1 REB, 2.9 BLK, 50.8 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (21-for-54)
- Jamari Wheeler: 7.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 47.4 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (15-for-44)
- Zed Key: 9.4 PTS, 62.6 FG%
- Malaki Branham: 10.4 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (13-for-33)
- Kyle Young: 8.4 PTS, 54.5 FG%, 37 3PT% (10-for-27)
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 13.4 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 31 3PT% (22-for-71)
- John Harrar: 11.1 PTS, 10 REB, 70.1 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 14.1 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (32-for-91)
- Sam Sessoms: 11.9 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 45.9 3PT% (17-for-37)
- Myles Dread: 5.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 36.2 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (24-for-61)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.