The North Carolina Tar Heels (11-4, 3-1 ACC) are heavy favorites (-12.5) as they look to continue a six-game home winning streak when they take on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (7-8, 1-4 ACC) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Dean Smith Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is 146.5.
North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech Predictions
North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-12.5||146.5 points|
North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech Last 10 Games
- North Carolina is 8-2 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 North Carolina games has surpassed the set total three times.
- The past 10 Tar Heels games averaged 0.3 more points (146.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Tar Heels have a points-per-game average 3.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Georgia Tech is 3-7 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Georgia Tech games have gone over the set total three times.
- The Yellow Jackets’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.1 points scored. That’s 8.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Yellow Jackets’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 63.7, 5.0 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread eight times this season (8-7-0).
- The Tar Heels are 1-5 ATS when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- This season, seven of North Carolina’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Tar Heels average 10.2 more points per game (78.7) than the Yellow Jackets give up (68.5).
- When North Carolina scores more than 68.5 points, it is 6-8 against the spread and 11-4 overall.
- Georgia Tech has covered the spread 10 times this season (10-5-0).
- The Yellow Jackets are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 12.5-point underdogs.
- Georgia Tech games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this year.
- The Yellow Jackets put up an average of 68.7 points per game, only 1.8 fewer points than the 70.5 the Tar Heels allow.
- When it scores more than 70.5 points, Georgia Tech is 4-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
North Carolina vs. Georgia Tech Over/Under Trends
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (146.5 points) eight times this season.
- There have been three Georgia Tech games that have finished with a combined score over 146.5 points this season.
- The Tar Heels average 78.7 points per game against the Yellow Jackets’ 68.7, totaling 0.9 points over the matchup’s point total of 146.5.
- The 139 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 7.5 fewer than the 146.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Tar Heels games is 149.1 points, 2.6 more than the over/under of 146.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 8.0 points separates this matchup’s over/under (146.5 points) and the average total points bet in Yellow Jackets’ games (138.5 points) this season.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.6 PTS, 11.1 REB, 1.5 BLK, 64.2 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.1 FG%, 44.2 3PT% (34-for-77)
- RJ Davis: 12.9 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (25-for-60)
- Brady Manek: 12.9 PTS, 49.7 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (28-for-77)
- Dawson Garcia: 9.3 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (11-for-24)
Georgia Tech Team Leaders
- Michael Devoe: 19.1 PTS, 1.5 STL, 49.0 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (36-for-87)
- Jordan Usher: 14.8 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.3 STL, 47.5 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (20-for-55)
- Khalid Moore: 5.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.8 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (4-for-17)
- Kyle Sturdivant: 7.6 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (11-for-30)
- Rodney Howard: 5.2 PTS, 51.8 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.