The Mississippi State Bulldogs (11-4, 2-1 SEC) are just 1.5-point favorites as they look to extend a five-game home winning streak when they take on the No. 24 Alabama Crimson Tide (11-5, 2-2 SEC) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Humphrey Coliseum. The matchup airs at 6:00 PM ET. The over/under is 152.5 for the matchup.
Mississippi State vs. Alabama Predictions
Mississippi State vs. Alabama Betting Odds
|Mississippi State||-1.5||152.5 points|
Mississippi State vs. Alabama Last 10 Games
- Mississippi State has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Mississippi State games has exceeded the set total seven times.
- The Bulldogs’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 137.8 points scored. That’s 14.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bulldogs’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 1.5 points higher than their season-long average.
- Alabama covered the spread twice in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Alabama and its opponents have hit the over in eight of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Crimson Tide games averaged 151.9 total points, 0.6 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Crimson Tide’s per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 81.0, 1.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Mississippi State vs. Alabama Betting Trends
- Mississippi State has registered a 9-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 1.5 points or more, the Bulldogs have gone 8-6 against the spread.
- Mississippi State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this season.
- The Bulldogs put up just 1.0 more point per game (75.4) than the Crimson Tide give up (74.4).
- When Mississippi State scores more than 74.4 points, it is 7-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- Alabama has covered the spread six times this season (6-10-0).
- The Crimson Tide have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Alabama’s games have gone over the total 11 times out of 17 chances this year.
- The Crimson Tide’s 82.1 points per game are 18.2 more points than the 63.9 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Alabama is 6-9 against the spread and 11-5 overall when it scores more than 63.9 points.
Mississippi State vs. Alabama Over/Under Trends
- This season, four of Mississippi State’s 15 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 152.5 points.
- This season, 10 games Alabama played finished with a combined score higher than 152.5 points.
- The Bulldogs average 75.4 points per game against the Crimson Tide’s 82.1, amounting to 5.0 points over the game’s over/under of 152.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 138.3 points per game, 14.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Bulldogs games is 15.3 points fewer than the over/under of 152.5 points in this matchup.
- Crimson Tide games have an over/under of 152.4 points this season, 0.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Mississippi State Team Leaders
- Iverson Molinar: 17.5 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (18-for-61)
- Shakeel Moore: 10.5 PTS, 2.1 STL, 43.7 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (26-for-69)
- Garrison Brooks: 10.8 PTS, 46.4 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (12-for-35)
- D.J. Jeffries: 10.7 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (18-for-55)
- Cameron Matthews: 4.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 71.9 FG%, 50.0 3PT% (3-for-6)
Alabama Team Leaders
- Keon Ellis: 12.1 PTS, 1.9 STL, 45.1 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (30-for-88)
- Jahvon Quinerly: 15.4 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 25.3 3PT% (24-for-95)
- Jaden Shackelford: 16.1 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (51-for-133)
- JD Davison: 8.3 PTS, 49.5 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (10-for-34)
- Charles Bediako: 6.8 PTS, 1.8 BLK, 64.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.