The Marshall Thundering Herd (7-9, 0-3 C-USA) host the Rice Owls (9-6, 2-2 C-USA) after losing three home games in a row. The Thundering Herd are favored by 3.5 points in the contest, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 15, 2022. The point total is 160.5 for the matchup.
Marshall vs. Rice Predictions
Marshall vs. Rice Betting Odds
Marshall vs. Rice Last 10 Games
- Marshall has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Marshall games has exceeded the set total three times.
- The Thundering Herd’s last 10 games have ended with an average of 153 points scored. That’s 7.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Thundering Herd have scored 5.8 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Rice covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Rice’s past 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The Owls’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 143.9 points scored. That’s 16.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Owls have scored 4.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 76.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Marshall vs. Rice Betting Trends
- Marshall has gone 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Thundering Herd have an ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Marshall’s games have gone over the total six times out of 14 chances this season.
- The 76.1 points per game the Thundering Herd score are only 1.9 more points than the Owls give up (74.2).
- Marshall is 3-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall when scoring more than 74.2 points.
- Rice has put together a 9-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Owls are 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Rice have hit the over nine times this season.
- The Owls put up an average of 76.6 points per game, only 0.6 more points than the 76 the Thundering Herd give up.
- Rice has put together a 5-2 ATS record and an 8-0 overall record in games it scores more than 76 points.
Marshall vs. Rice Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of Marshall’s 14 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 160.5 points.
- Four of Rice’s games finished with a combined score over 160.5 points this season.
- The Thundering Herd average 76.1 points per game against the Owls’ 76.6, amounting to 7.8 points under the game’s point total of 160.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 10.3 fewer points than the 150.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Thundering Herd have seen a 152.3 average over/under in their games this season, 8.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 16.1 points separates this matchup’s over/under (160.5 points) and the average total points bet in Owls’ games (144.4 points) this season.
Marshall Team Leaders
- Taevion Kinsey: 19.9 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 17 3PT% (9-for-53)
- Obinna Anochili-Killen: 13.1 PTS, 4 BLK, 53.1 FG%, 39 3PT% (16-for-41)
- Andrew Taylor: 12.3 PTS, 2.2 STL, 39.1 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (26-for-92)
- Darius George: 8.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 52.4 FG%, 16.1 3PT% (5-for-31)
- David Early: 5.2 PTS, 32.9 FG%, 29.1 3PT% (16-for-55)
Rice Team Leaders
- Max Fiedler: 8.7 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.2 BLK, 58.4 FG%
- Travis Evee: 14.8 PTS, 48.6 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (43-for-99)
- Carl Pierre: 14.3 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 41 3PT% (41-for-100)
- Chris Mullins: 9.9 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (9-for-27)
- Quincy Olivari: 9.3 PTS, 37.2 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (20-for-65)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.