The Minnesota Golden Gophers (10-4, 1-4 Big Ten) are 5.5-point underdogs as they try to turn around a three-game losing streak when they host the Iowa Hawkeyes (12-4, 2-3 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 16, 2022 at Williams Arena. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is set at 153.5.
Iowa vs. Minnesota Predictions
Iowa vs. Minnesota Betting Odds
Iowa vs. Minnesota Last 10 Games
- Iowa covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Iowa games has gone over the set total eight times.
- The Hawkeyes’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 150.7 points scored. That’s 2.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Hawkeyes’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 6.4 points lower than their season-long average.
- Minnesota has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Golden Gophers games averaged 134 total points, 19.5 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Golden Gophers have a 66.5 points-per-game average, 3.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
Iowa vs. Minnesota Betting Trends
- Iowa has covered the spread in a matchup 11 times this season (11-5-0).
- The Hawkeyes have an ATS record of 6-3 when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Iowa games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times this season.
- The 86.5 points per game the Hawkeyes put up are 21.2 more points than the Golden Gophers give up (65.3).
- Iowa has a 10-5 record against the spread and a 12-3 record overall when putting up more than 65.3 points.
- Minnesota is 9-5-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Golden Gophers have a perfect ATS record of 6-0.
- Minnesota games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times this season.
- The Golden Gophers put up an average of 69.6 points per game, only 2.2 fewer points than the 71.8 the Hawkeyes allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 71.8 points, Minnesota is 5-2 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
Iowa vs. Minnesota Over/Under Trends
- This season, Iowa and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under of 153.5 points 11 times.
- This season, Minnesota has played only two games with a combined score higher than 153.5 points.
- The Hawkeyes average 86.5 points per game against the Golden Gophers’ 69.6, totaling 2.6 points over the contest’s over/under of 153.5.
- This game’s over/under is 16.4 fewer points than the 137.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Hawkeyes games is 149.8 points, 3.7 fewer than the over/under of 153.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 19.2 points separates this contest’s over/under (153.5 points) and the average total points bet in Golden Gophers’ games (134.3 points) this season.
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 23.9 PTS, 8 REB, 1.5 STL, 2.1 BLK, 59.3 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (24-for-66)
- Kris Murray: 10 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 51.7 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (20-for-46)
- Patrick McCaffery: 9.4 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (11-for-37)
- Jordan Bohannon: 10.8 PTS, 40 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (36-for-94)
- Joe Toussaint: 5.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 49.3 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (6-for-13)
Minnesota Team Leaders
- Payton Willis: 15.8 PTS, 1.8 STL, 46.9 FG%, 41 3PT% (34-for-83)
- Jamison Battle: 17.9 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (35-for-97)
- Eric Curry: 8.7 PTS, 45.9 FG%
- E.J. Stephens: 11.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 44.4 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (20-for-52)
- Luke Loewe: 6.6 PTS, 35.9 FG%, 25 3PT% (9-for-36)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.