The Iona Gaels (13-3, 5-0 MAAC) host the Niagara Purple Eagles (7-7, 2-3 MAAC) after winning four home games in a row. The Gaels are double-digit favorites by 12 points in the matchup, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 16, 2022. The point total in the matchup is 141.
Iona vs. Niagara Predictions
Iona vs. Niagara Betting Odds
Iona vs. Niagara Last 10 Games
- Iona is 7-3 overall and 5-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 Iona games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The last 10 Gaels games averaged 143.2 total points, 2.2 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Gaels’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 1.6 points higher than their season-long average.
- Niagara is 6-4 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Niagara’s last 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The last 10 Purple Eagles games averaged 134.7 total points, 6.3 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Purple Eagles are scoring 65.1 points per game compared to their 69.1 season average.
Iona vs. Niagara Betting Trends
- Iona has covered the spread 11 times over 16 games with a set spread.
- The Gaels are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 12-point favorites.
- Iona games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 17 chances this season.
- The Gaels score 76.8 points per game, 12.2 more points than the 64.6 the Purple Eagles allow.
- Iona has an 8-6 record against the spread and a 12-3 record overall when putting up more than 64.6 points.
- Niagara has gone 9-4-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 12-point underdogs or more, the Purple Eagles have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Niagara’s games have gone over the total five times this year.
- The Purple Eagles score an average of 69.1 points per game, only 1.2 fewer points than the 70.3 the Gaels allow to opponents.
- Niagara is 2-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it scores more than 70.3 points.
Iona vs. Niagara Over/Under Trends
- Nine Iona games this season have gone over Sunday’s total of 141 points.
- Five of Niagara’s games finished with a combined score higher than 141 points this season.
- The Gaels average 76.8 points per game against the Purple Eagles’ 69.1, totaling 4.9 points over the game’s over/under of 141.
- The 134.9 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.1 fewer than the 141 over/under in this contest.
- The Gaels have seen a 142.6 average over/under in their games this season, 1.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.8 points separates this game’s over/under (141 points) and the average total points bet in Purple Eagles’ games (135.2 points) this season.
Iona Team Leaders
- Nelly Junior Joseph: 14.1 PTS, 8.4 REB, 2 BLK, 53.4 FG%
- Tyson Jolly: 14.8 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (22-for-56)
- Dylan van Eyck: 9.5 PTS, 60.2 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (13-for-29)
- Elijah Joiner: 10.2 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 19.4 3PT% (12-for-62)
- Quinn Slazinski: 9.6 PTS, 35.4 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (18-for-51)
Niagara Team Leaders
- Marcus Hammond: 17.2 PTS, 45.4 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (33-for-90)
- Jordan Cintron: 10.4 PTS, 1.9 STL, 57.9 FG%, 50 3PT% (7-for-14)
- Sam Iorio: 6.8 PTS, 34.7 FG%, 25 3PT% (11-for-44)
- Noah Thomasson: 8.5 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 47.4 3PT% (9-for-19)
- Greg Kuakumensah: 8.4 PTS, 61.6 FG%, 55.6 3PT% (5-for-9)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.